Thursday, September 12, 2013

twenty-seven days

The temperature may have dropped slightly overnight, but it's still hot outside. Don't let my outfit fool you. I just couldn't wait any longer to wear this sweater. Twenty-seven days is a long time to wait! I wasn't sure what pants I would wear, but when I woke up to grey skies this morning, I decided to go for something colorful. I considered wearing my burgundy crops, but I decided against it because they are more of a fall color... and it's not fall yet. 




Occasion: Office hours, attending class
Giraffe Striped Pullover: Banana Republic
Oxford: Gap (old, c/o Mom) {similar, similar}
Ankle pants: LOFT {similar, similaroption}
Flats: Dana Buchman via Kohl's {option}

This sweater is representative of the types of purchases I hope to make from now on. I adore it and can say I'm truly happy with it. I've been better about not buying things just because they are under $10. The fall/winter items on my wishlist are making their way to the stores, which means my spending is directed towards those items. I won't lie, though, I wouldn't mind if this vest and these flats made their way into my closet.

11 comments:

  1. What a cute sweater! I keep seeing all these really cute dogs and birds and foxes and stuff all over the place, but for some reason I feel like they would look stupid on me. Maybe because I am older? I can't place my finger on it. I will say that this sweater looks awesome on you and good call with the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh my I love this whole outfit! That sweater is amazing; giraffes are my favorite! And it looks so good with the layering and bright pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh my I love this whole outfit! That sweater is amazing; giraffes are my favorite! And it looks so good with the layering and bright pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with this outfit! Such a fun look!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I am with you: 27 days is such a long time to wait to wear such a great sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man i Love that sweater!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! And good choice not going burgundy with the pants - this look keeps it summery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was really hot these past few days, but today it got SO cold. Fall is definitely here. I LOVE those trousers. The color is fabulous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Giraffe sweater is beyond adorbssssss! I love it! I'm so ready for it to be fall so I can wear all my sweaters too.
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I LOVE that giraffe sweater. It's PERFECT in every way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...