Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pinspired: black dress + scarf

I'm always looking for new ways to wear my black dress, so when I came across this pin (originally from Liz of 26 & Counting), I knew I wanted to replicate the look within the near future... mostly because I've had this dress for almost a year and have only wore it one other time

I put my own spin on this outfit by swapping out black heels for teal wedges and putting a black tee underneath my dress. If I do this again in the future, I'll use a t-shirt with slightly longer sleeves. Have you ever layered a dress over something other than a button-up shirt?





Occasion: Teaching, Attending a meeting
Dress: Old Navy {similar, similar, similar}*
*save 20% w/code ONTREAT
Black tee: SO via Kohl's {similar}
Belt: The Limited {option, option}
Scarf: The Limited {option, option}
Wedges: Merona via Target {same style, option}

Also, great minds do think alike! Just like Andi, I did my Pinspired look for Heather's Pinned it and Did it Link up today and will be coming to you with a look for Bri's Third Thursday Threads tomorrow!

[Linking up with The Pleated Poppy]

14 comments:

  1. I love what the accessories did here for a simple black dress! And from the pictures at least, I would have had no idea that you layered a tee under your dress. I just thought it was a short sleeved dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what the accessories did here for a simple black dress! And from the pictures at least, I would have had no idea that you layered a tee under your dress. I just thought it was a short sleeved dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to add some pops of color to a cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit - love the colors to the outfit. I do like layering blouses/tees with my dresses in the fall. it's the perfect answer to layering :)

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the colors against the black dress! Cute look!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this outfit. The scarf, belt, and shoes look great with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This looks great! You added some personality to your black dress. Very cute and that scarf is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I saw that Dress at Old Navy and I liked it. Maybe next time I am there. I also own this Scarf and a similar Belt. You did a great job jazzing up this LBD.

    Today for the first time ever I am co-hosting a link-up so make sure you support me and link. I think you will like what I have on, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute look and i love the bright scarf to off set the black dress
    i use little t's all the time under sleeveless dresses
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea to layer a tshirt with the dress! That dress fits you so well, you should definitely wear it more often. I love the way the love the length and it has just the right amount of flare to the skirt!

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this look! It's so simple yet so elegant!

    Rebekah
    http://headoverheels26.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...