Wednesday, September 11, 2013

love, actually

Have you ever had your significant other put together an outfit for you? On a few occasions, I've asked my husband to pick out an outfit that he would like to see me in for a date, but he has passed on every opportunity. Last night I reached a new level of frustration because I couldn't put together an outfit for today. That's when my husband swooped in and saved the day.

He said he would put together an outfit for me, and so I stood there watching him, curious as to what his method would be. He grabbed a purple skirt and cream top, but in my fussy state, I said the skirt was too casual for the top. I told him to forget about it and walked away. I came back a few minutes later to find him holding a top, a skirt, and a belt.

He looked at the clothes, then at me and said, "Is this okay? It's going to be 90 degrees tomorrow, so I wanted to give you something that you wouldn't get hot in. I know you like color, so I added the skinny belt -- I know how much you like those. Plus, you have heels that are the same color as the belt so you can match them if you want."

If that's not love, I don't know what is.




Occasion: Teaching
Top: The Limited {option, option}
Belt: Forever 21 {similar, similar}
Skirt: The Limited {similar, similar}
Heels: Comfort Plus via Payless

15 comments:

  1. Aww, how sweet! He did a great job - this is very cute. In early 2012, I was participating in a "style challenge" and one of the days was "wear something that scares you." My plan was to let my husband pick an outfit for me, but he forgot and I was left to my own devices, so I wore skinny jeans and flats (which I now do all the time). I should really make him pick an outfit for me sometime! I wonder what his method would be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How freaking cute! He did a great job, and he obviously pays attention :)

    That's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that's sweet! He did a great job. If my husband picked out something it would be a dress..1 piece outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hubby did a great job! My husband would not be that good at that! Props to him!
    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit - and what a sweetie! I'd personally be a bit terrified if my BF picked up an outfit for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the sweetest post!! Your hubby is a keeper - he did an awesome job! I am too afraid what I would be wearing if my hubby picked my outfit.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! That is so sweet! He did an awesome job too. He obviously pays attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He did an awesome job! Love this cute outfit on you!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that is a great outfit! nice job husband. so thoughtufl too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow that is a great outfit! nice job husband. so thoughtufl too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He did a real good job. I especially like that he notices your belts. He learned from the best - you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow he did a great job! And it's so sweet that he pays attention and knew what you'd like to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, that is the sweetest thing ever! And the outfit is so cute too! I might have to give my husband a shot at this...

    ReplyDelete
  14. he nailed it! i love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so cute! I did let my husband (or encourage him) to pick out an outfit for me once for a blog challenge I was doing. He did really well, and actually what he picked out is similar to what your husband picked out minus the belt. I guess guys like pencil skirts and blouses with girly details?

    http://mixedupfilesofrnb.blogspot.com/2013/04/dressed-by-my-husband.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...