Wednesday, September 4, 2013

little black ponte dress

Did you have a great Labor Day weekend? I wasn't feeling too hot while shopping on Saturday, and woke up Sunday feeling awful. I have been sick since, but hopefully am on the tail end of this misery trip. Since I'm not one to cancel class (especially this early in the semester!), I wanted to keep my outfit effortless. And what's more effortless than a dress? 




Occasion: Teaching, Meeting
Striped Ponte Dress: The Limited {similar}
Ona Scrunch Ballet Flats: Mossimo via Target 

I really loved this dress when I tried it on in the store. I've just been waiting for the temperatures to hit below 90 degrees to wear it. I felt great all day (excluding the headache and sore throat), but I'm not feeling great about these photos. I'm not convinced that it fits me that well after all. I think the top is too baggy (as is evident in the neckline) and the bottom half is unforgiving. What do you think? What do you do when an outfit doesn't look like you thought it would on camera? Should I bust out my time machine and never buy it in the first place?

17 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better! I always love a great dress. Easy to wear and style!
    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE A CRAZY PERSON SO I WILL THINK THAT THAT LAST PARAGRAPH NEVER HAPPENED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! The very first thing I thought was "dang, she looks great in that dress!" I think you are letting your illness get to your head haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way! The very first thing I thought was "dang, she looks great in that dress!" I think you are letting your illness get to your head haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I read your comments I saw the picture and thought, " that dress is awesome and I must comment and tell her!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  6. I think it fits you wonderfully! This dress is going to look great all fall!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything that is "ponte" because that just means knit which means comfy!

    I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you are sick! I hope you feel better very soon!

    Also, I thought the dress looked great on you and was surprised at your last paragraph! But if you don't like how it looks, then you should probably do that time travel return. And then you should loan me your time machine, so I can undo all my foolish purchases from the past 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this dress looks great on you! Hope you are feeling better.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously?? I didn't expect your thoughts on this dress to be negative. I think it looks great on you and the style is so cute!

    This is a prime example of being our own worst critics!!

    xoxo Jackie
    somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I looked that hot when I'm sick. The only kind of hot I look is a hot mess. All these ladies are right: you look great in the dress. The sickness has infected your perception.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent dress!! I think it looks amazing!! Feel down, think you look worse. Definitely a problem of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What?! These pictures make the dress seem like it fits you perfectly! You look good, for real. I love the dress - it will even look good with a colored cardigan as it gets cooler (I'm so ready for that!). I love dresses too - they are just so easy to wear. You look great, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kate, I think you look great in that dress.Atleast the pictures make it look like it fits you good but if you feel otherwise, you should not hold on to it. So many times I have done that mistake and been left feeling stuck with an expensive dress that doesn't fit. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really? I don't think the dress is that bad. I think it looks good! Not like awesome amazing like your Gap floral dress good, but pretty good, and I didn't even notice the baggy top (still don't) or unforgiving bottom half (still don't either).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whatever, you look gorgeous, lady.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...