Thursday, September 19, 2013

dressed up tee

Today I am linking up with Bri for Third Thursday Threads. Today's theme is dressed up tees. After seeing the announcement, I got really excited, and found the most challenging part of the link up deciding which tee to dress up. But then, as I often do, I started thinking.

I wondered: what is it that makes a tee dressed up? The most common way, I think, to dress up a tee is to pair it with a pencil skirt. That makes sense. Pencil skirts have a professional feel to them, which balances the relaxed feel of the tee. So is that the trick to dressing up a tee? Pairing it with something that will outweigh the casual nature of the tee? But what is/are that something(s) that fit the bill? 



Occasion: office hours, attending class
Tee: The Limited {similar}
Blazer: Forever 21 {similar}
Necklace: ShyBoutique
Skirt: The Limited {option, option}
Ona Scrunch Flats: Mossimo via Target

I concluded that a tee is dressed up when it is paired with one or more of the following:
a) something structured 
b) pretty jewelry
c) heels
d) blazer, pencil skirt, or other traditional "office wear"

The possibilities really are endless! I felt like going with a pencil skirt might be an obvious choice, so I tried something different. How do you dress up your tees?

10 comments:

  1. I agree with your conclusions about dressing up a tee. Maybe adding a silk scarf too?

    You did a good job dressing your tee up. I really like that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great outfit. Love how you dressed up this tee and that striped skirt is perfect with it.

    Thank you for linking up today. See you next Thursday.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is so cute! I love the colors in that necklace and especially with the black and white skirt.. and then the blazer pulls it all together nicely. :)

    <3 danielle
    goodwillista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, and "dressing up" a tee is one of my favorite things! I think that pairing it with any sort of professional work attire fits the bill. Like everything else in the outfit should be office (or date night!) appropriate, and then just worn with a tee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up today. =} I also dressed up a tee, albeit my tee was a little more casual and my pencil skirt was structured, dressy, professional. Come take a peek. I love how you did it. Love that Necklace. Next time I am dressing a Tee with a Beautiful Necklace. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look adorable! I love this combination. And that necklace! Divine. I really like your list of how to dress up a tee, too. P.S. I need that skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This skirt is so cute!!! You did such a great job dressing up a tee, and the tips are super perfect! ::)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your skirt is just darling, and I agree with you - the suggestions you provided about how to dress up a tee all feel relevant for me too! I wore an outfit similar to yours today - a fuller skirt with some flats and pretty jewelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cute! I think you look comfy and polished, the perfect combo :)
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this outfit! T-shirts sometimes do not get worn because I am looking for something fancier! They can be just as cute!
    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...