Monday, August 26, 2013

back to school

Dear Summer, 

Would you consider letting up a bit with this heat? It's not that I want you to go away... I just want to be able to teach without worrying about pit stains. 

Okay, and I really want to wear my new sweater and shirt (thanks, Mom!).

Love,
Kate




Occasion: Teaching
Dress: The Limited {similar}
Flats: Heaven by Steve Madden via DSW {exact}


I think I might be a changed woman. This is the first time in yeaaaars (semesters, to be precise) that I haven't stayed up all night tossing and turning with anxiety for the first day of class. I will be teaching intro ethics three days a week this semester while working on a PhD program requirement (read: 40 page research paper). I have also elected to take a linguistics course, so that should be exciting. 

One thing that isn't exciting is this heat. We had a relatively cool summer, with barely any 100+ degree days! It was mid 80s when I left for Colorado last week (hence my disappearance ), and then came back to 90s+. When I have taught in this dress in the past, I have always worn a cardigan over it. I think today's weather allows me to bare my shoulders.

[Linking up with Molly]

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress! I love dark blue, and I love shirt-dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Dress. It's older right? I like it with the Nude Flats.

    Good Luck with a new teaching year and Welcome Back. I had missed you. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got it in 2011-- I can't believe it's been that long!

      Delete
  3. I love this Dress. It's older right? I like it with the Nude Flats.

    Good Luck with a new teaching year and Welcome Back. I had missed you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That giraffe sweater is my new favorite thing. I would be anxious for fall, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just an adorable blogger and I love that you have such a relatable style. Another hit :)

    justtheoutfits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to be one busy lady! Good luck!
    Love that dress! Perfect for teaching!
    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dress! Perfect for a casual day out :)

    By the way, I've updated my blog with a new post. I'd love for you to swing by :) www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a great vacation! It's been an extremely mild summer here and I am hoping it stays this way for just a bit longer so I can use my summer clothes.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a gorgeous dress and it looks fantastic on you!

    I hope you had a great summer and the transition back to teaching is a smooth one.

    It's refreshing to hear that even the teachers get nervous before the first day :)

    xoxo Jackie
    http://somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel you! It's the first week of school and I was so ready to break out some blazers, but it is way too warm for that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel you! It's the first week of school and I was so ready to break out some blazers, but it is way too warm for that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this dress on you! What a great first day of school look. It got hot again in Ohio too so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the perfect work dress!

    Misty
    balancingahecticworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are having the exact same weather! I got spoiled all summer and then, blerg, the real heat came back :(

    I love the dress - definitely a great "back to school" outfit! You are definitely taking on a lot this semester. I am so impressed that you are starting things for your PhD. After I got my master's I decided I was done (I think!) so I'm so impressed with anyone that keeps going!

    I can't help but wish we worked at the same university - I think we'd be friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you were able to be anxiety-free before the first day of school! I can't believe we're already there...I had my first class last night and my second one is tomorrow night - nuts! I hope your first day back went well!!

    I love this outfit, too. That dress is gorgeous on you. I would love one like this myself! I really like how simple the outfit is - it lets your beauty shine!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...