Monday, July 22, 2013

skirt chaser

If you had to select one skirt from your closet as your favorite, would you be able to do it? This skirt would be in the running for me. The only thing keeping it from being at the top is that I feel like Marilyn Monroe when I wear it, but far less glamorous than she. 

I wore this outfit while running errands. I didn't realize how windy it was and so for every trip to and from the car, I had to hold down my skirt, which essentially left me waddling in parking lots. I may or may have not flashed some people in front of Chipotle. Kate-0, wind-1.






Tee: The Limited {similar}
Skirt: Xhilaration via Target {similarish, dress option}
Sandals: via Target {this year's version}

Despite the skirt's proclivity to be blown up, the length and fit are ideal-- I really should have bought the other skirts of the same style when I got this one. The print and color are what leave me less than excited to wear the skirt. It wasn't until I saw Lilly pair it with a plain black tank that I became inspired. I opted for a tee rather than a tank because I've been neglecting my stock pile of scoopneck tees.

8 comments:

  1. This is an awesome skirt. I don't know how I missed these chevron prints at Target. I hear you on the the t-shirts. This summer I have a newfound love of my t-shirts and pairing them with skirts. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do understand that this is one is one of your favorites! Love it! I would have a hard time to pick one but I think in the end I would be able to do it ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this skirt! So cute!

    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute skirt! I totally had a similar experience recently with the wind and a flowy dress - totally flashed a bunch of people without meaning too. Whoops! haha - the things we girls do for style :)
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am way too indecisive to decide which of one of my skirt is my favorite. I own a ton of pencil skirt but the one that comes to mind is my full skirt in leopard print. I love how classy it is and the fullness makes me feel so feminine.

    This is a great skirt on you - I can see why it's your best skirt friend :)

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS SKIRT too and have featured i on my blog before. I love pairing it with Navy or Teal. I have so any Skirts I love so choosing just one would be difficult but ultimately as far as a silhouette goes, a Pencil Style for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this skirt in a different print, and I really love it, but it totally goes crazy in the wind, haha! I'm pretty sure I've unintentionally flashed people in it on windy days...oops!!

    brynnash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...