Friday, July 26, 2013

polka play

Yesterday one of my colleagues and I decided to get together and catch up (where else but at the mall). I ended up getting this top and this skirt, which I think will be perfect for teaching. My teaching load will be bumping up from two days a week to three, and I'll be hosting office hours in between. With that much business casual attire on the horizon, I felt like wearing something playful. 





Peplum Cap Sleeve Top: Xhilaration via Target {exact}
Necklace: via Groopdealz
Black Maxi Skirt: H&M {exactsimilar}
Lavada Slide Sandal: Xhilaration via Target {exact}

While I was at the mall, I also tried on this top (with my maxi skirt). My friend thought it looked great on me (since I had the skirt pulled up above my belly button) and urged me to get it. I would have considered it if it were $5. What do you think about crop tops? Are they only appropriate for teenagers, or can a twenty-something get away with them?

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this outfit. It's definitely one of my favorite of yours. It's probably partially because I am obsessed with maxi skirts :)

    I kind of love the crop top trend, but I will probably never own one. Like you, I'm only willing to pay like $5 for something that I will probably wear once. I mean, where does a professional adult wear a crop top? Ahh, maybe I have a love/hate relationship with them. I want one, but I have no where to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cute look. I really like the pink belt especially.

    I figure if you feel comfortable enough to wear a crop top, go for it. I think they are cute on others, just not for me and my style. Some trends just are not going to happen for me, ha ha! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you really wanted to do it, you could pull it off, just make sure it's with something highwaisted. I'm still loving this black maxi skirt and I've been on the lookout for one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving both your top and necklace! What a fun way to wear maxi skirt :)

    If you have a sec, I'd love for you to swing by mine too: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This top is so fun and looks perfect with your maxi skirt. If you are comfortable with a crop top then go for it. I know for sure I won't be buying any crop tops any time soon. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this top! So cute!

    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first, I was not on board with the return of crop tops, but I've seen a few bloggers pull it off and look classy. I don't think it's a good look for me, just based on my body shape! I bet you could swing it, with a higher waisted skirt or something!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...