Friday, July 5, 2013

maturity in a maxi skirt

It's been four days since my birthday, and I already feel more mature. All of a sudden, I am actually really excited about what already resides in my closet. Do I have holes in my closet? You bet. Am I eager to fill them? Meh, not so much. Don't get me wrong - the moment I find my dream leopard print blouse, the credit card will be in hand ready to swipe. Until then, let's see what I can do with what I have.




Tank: SO via Kohl's {same style}
Scarf: The Limited {option, option
Ring: Charlotte Russe {exact}
Bracelet: The Limited {similar, similar}
Maxi Skirt: H&M {exactsimsim, sim}
Sandals: Xhilaration via Target {exact}

I bought this maxi skirt over Memorial Day weekend, and although today marks its debut on the blog, it has already had some good wear in the month of June. From here on out, I would like to be able to say the same about anything that finds a home in my closet, or for that matter, already has a home in it. See? Only a few days older, and already so much more mature :P

Have you been wearing any particular item(s) a lot lately? Which one(s)?

10 comments:

  1. This is a really cute look! Love the pop of color with the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I've been looking for a simple maxi skirt like this, too bad I don't have an H&M in reasonable distance! Also, this scarf is perfect for summer because it's bright but not big and bulky. I've been avoiding all my scarves right now because even the thin ones seem like too much fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love pairing my black maxi with sandals and a white tee - so classic!! And adding a scarf - must try for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute scarf! And your right, a maxi does give off the mature vibe!

    Xo, Amanda
    theamandakathryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that skirt! You can pull of a maxi skirt so well! Love the simple black too!

    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though, never shown on the blog, last Summer I wore an almost identical Outfit. I own that same Scarf and I wore my Black Maxi Dress with a White T-Shirt (tied) over it, that same Scarf & some Strappy Black Sandals. I SWEAR, NO JOKE. I actually repeated the same version of that Outfit with a different Scarf, just a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great summer outfit! I love clothes that don't stick to me in the summer. I live in my maxis on the weekend! I guess - I am wise in my mature age too :)

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post...I enjoyed much!!
    you are so talented and pretty
    From Canberra deck

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this look, it comes across so effortless! sometimes i look at my outfits and it seems like i tried just way too hard to make a number of pieces come together, but i didn't get that sense at all with your outfit here. i need to channel whatever you're doing because it's working!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great, Kate! I love these simple outfits - I'm not one to over think an outfit or try hard to make something look a certain way. I, too, have recently decided to just love everything in my closet and work with what I have instead of needing to wear all the trends. I'm jealous of how fantastic you look in a tank and maxi - seriously, lady, your body is gorgeous (in a non-creepy way)!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...