Tuesday, July 30, 2013

getting away with greasy hair


Maxi Dress: Forever 21 {option, option}
Fedora: (c/o Mom) Target {exact}
Sandals: Mix No. 6 via DSW {exact}

There must be something about the water at the indoor pool, because lately it has been leaving me with incredibly greasy hair. I wash my hair there, and after a few hours, my hair looks like it hasn't been washed in days. My go-to for times like these is either dry shampoo or a black headband, but thanks to my mother, now I have a new alternative: my fedora.

I wore this outfit when my husband and I went shopping for closet organizers. I felt much better in this outfit than I would have in just shorts and a tee (and a headband). I rarely feel confident when I have greasy hair, so I was incredibly delighted with what this hat did for me. Tossing on a hat is so effortless, and it really does go with almost any summer outfit. Can you pull off looking stylish with greasy hair? If so, what's your secret?!

8 comments:

  1. So cute Kate! I love this hat and am so jealous. My head is so big that fedoras never fit me, ha ha! My cure for greasy hair is a head scarf tied like a headband and then a ponytail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress!! And I wouldn't have known you were having any hair problems, ah the power of a hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love fedoras! That hat look great on you!
    I have the opposite problem when I get out of the pool! My hair looks extremely dry and over processed. Sometimes it turns green!

    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fedora looks so good on you and I love the sheerness of this maxi. I've tried wearing fedoras at the store so many times but it never feels right of me. I am more of a floppy hat kid of gal. I started not washing my hair daily for a couple of months and dry shampoo has been my best friend.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I canNOT pull off greasy hair with such a short hairstyle! And I look really dumb in hats, so that doesn't work either. I'm an every day showerer, and my hair takes about 5 minutes to dry and style, so it's not that big of a deal. Even when I had long hair, I tended to shower every morning, but at that point, I had no idea that dry shampoo even existed. I think you look darling in that hat - and omg that dress looks COMFY.

    brynnash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I love the hat for hiding greasy hair! I need to pick one up, but I'm afraid i couldn't pull off a fedora as well as you do!

    Katie
    Style Diary

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so cool & it still looks 100% like Kate. Love the Maxi & Fedora together. I got to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look so cute in that hat!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...