Monday, July 29, 2013

a cold day in july





White Safari Jacket: The Limited {option, option}
Vibrant Ikat Print Scarf: The Limited {option}
Modern Stretch Cotton Ankle Zip Pants (Marisa): LOFT {option}
Flats: Dana Buchman via Kohl's {option}

As it seems with most of the nation, we experienced somewhat of a cold front this weekend. Temperatures dipped below 80 degrees (gasp!). While for some that might not mean much, for me it means jacket weather. I decided to give my denim jacket a break, and dig out something from the back of my closet. I bought this safari jacket in 2011 because it was incredibly inexpensive and I figured "it can go with anything". I wore it a lot that summer at work (often with the same cobalt skirt), but only once since then. Hopefully it won't take a dramatic shift in weather for me to wear this again.

What do you like to wear on cooler summer days?

8 comments:

  1. Love the colors of your scarf paired with the color of your pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the color of your pants! Such a rich, gorgeous shade. I bet they'll be perfect in the fall!! We had super chilly weather this weekend, too. I was at home for the weekend and didn't pack warm enough clothes :( Usually during chilly weather like that, I like to wear shorts or rolled up skinny jeans with a sweater and some flats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that jacket! We have had some cool weather too! Feels like Fall!

    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these shoes! I've been really thinking about getting a pair of tan flats with neon accents. We've had some chillier days here too, it's a nice break from complaining about how hot I am =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pairing of the scarf with the pants. On cooler summer days, I love to wear my summery scarves. If it gets too hot, I can't stand having anything around my neck to make me sweat even more.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those magenta pants!
    On cooler summer days, I love bumming around in my maxi dress! Also love rocking my coloured denims (irrespective of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was gonna ask if that jacket was new. I love it and I like it a lot that it's belted. Great Cropped Pants (I have a similar pair from The Limited). I also love the Scarf with this. And we have had several cool days in July, here in Michigan.

    Hope all is well. I haven't seen you around in a long while.

    Take Care, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we would have cooler days over here! I miss fall fashion! I love that scarf of yours; the print is absolutely stunning, and the colors too! The pants are great, and I like how you kept it a bit summery by wearing all white on top. Following you on GFC and Bloglovin'!

    May the Force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...