Monday, June 10, 2013

What to Wear When Running Errands

Keeping up with the blog this summer is slightly challenging for me because I don't have many reasons to leave the house (with the exception of taking the dogs out). When I do leave the house, it's generally to run an errand, such as going to the grocery store or getting carry-out. But what does one wear for such occasions? 

Let me tell you something about myself. In the summer, I typically wake up, and put on a pair of Soffe shorts and a t-shirt. I don't put on a cute outfit, and I definitely don't dress to impress. So the question is, what happens when it's time to run an errand? Change into something cute, or go in lounge wear, since it is just running errands? What are the factors that play into the decision?


Top: Charlotte Russe (2008) {option}
Shorts: Merona via Target {similar}
Flip flops: Old Navy {same style}

I wore this for running errands (betcha didn't see that one coming) and getting dollar tacos. It's comfortable and I don't feel like I'm trying too hard, as opposed to if I had worn a skirt and blouse instead. What do you wear when you run errands? Do you allow yourself to leave the house in lounge wear, or do you force yourself to put on a real outfit?

6 comments:

  1. If I'm just running errands, sometimes I have a really hard time not running out in yoga pants and a tank. I mean, come on. I live in Arkansas. If I'm worried about being underdressed I can always go to Walmart instead of Target. I FEEL YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to have the same exact problem. Today is the last day of school/work for me and I'm having the same exact thoughts about the majority of my summer days. I think it will depend on the errand, but I generally try to find a comfortable place in the middle of lounge wear and getting dressed up. Like you did here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been realizing that I really struggle with casual but still "put together" outfits. I've been trying to buy some classier shorts and casual tops that aren't just t-shirts. I really like the colorful shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I didn't have to get dressed all summer! :( But yeah, if I don't have anywhere to go, I refuse to:

    -shower
    -put on makeup
    -put on anything that has buttons or zippers, or doesn't stretch to be twice the size of my body

    So in my mind, this outfit is like the over-achiever outfit of a day off. :) But I like it and would love to eat tacos in it for sure. What is your job that allows you to not have to dress for work all summer?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really do much on the weekend other than run errands (grocery stores & taking my son to birthday parties). For me personally, I have never been one that was able to put on sweat pants or yoga pants on and look good to head out the door. I looked sick and sloppy which is not how I want to look. Getting dressed is all for me and making me feel good. I am not wearing anything that's fancy either - it may be some jeans or shorts with a tee shirt & just add a necklace. I personally don't think that takes more effort than yoga pants & a tank.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. I am hosting my 1st blog giveaway for my blog birthday! I hope you stop by and enter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Shorts are so cute. I Love the color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...