Friday, June 28, 2013

Scorching Safari

I wore this outfit for a lunch date in the big city with my husband. We went to see Monsters University, which I loved, obviously, since I'm a kid at heart. Then we went to a couple of stores we don't have in the hometown, and had a late lunch thanks to a gift card from my aunt and uncle. It was a great day... but it was so terribly, terribly hot (it hit 100). I envy those of you who are still comfortably wearing ankle pants.




Top: Old Navy {same style, sim, sim, sim}
Belt: Target {exact}
Shorts: Apt. 9 via Kohl's {exact}
Sandals: Target {exact}

I should have saved this outfit for next week when the forecast calls for mid 80s, but I just couldn't resist. I have had this pin for so long, and I've had this outfit in mind for a couple of weeks. The only thing keeping me from wearing it sooner was that I didn't have the "right" belt. I finally settled for the leopard belt to give me that safari guide look.

Follow on Bloglovin

July 1st is a red-letter day! It's my birthday! What better present is there than following me via bloglovin' ?! *cough*giftcards*cough* just kidding. kind of.



[Linking up with Casual Friday]

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go see Monsters University! We saw Monsters Inc. again when it came out in 3-D even though we own it and have watched it a million times :)

    This is the perfect summer look. Too bad you were hot. Next time it cools off, you should definitely do it again because it totally works. I like the leopard belt too! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Almost Birthday! Whenever my bday is on a weekday, I insist that both weekend are used for celebration, so I recommend you do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit, I think it looks great with the leopard belt. Though I was thinking it sounded way to hot to be wearing anything with sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I LOVE your outfit. Your shirt is so cute and looks super comfy, and I am loving the leopard belt too. Kevin and I are watching Monsters Inc right now so that we can see Monsters University this weekend and fall back in love with the characters :) I am a huge fan of Boo (I had a lunchbox with her on it when I was in high school, hahaha). I'm a big old kid at heart, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this outfit on you Kate! These shorts looks great on you! i would love to take my son to see MU but he was afraid of the 1st one. He's 5 and he's funny about things movies. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this look! what a perfectly casual but put together outfit. happy early birthday, kate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Chic Look with the White Shorts. The Blouse is real Nice. Did you cut your hair? It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The leopard belt was absolutely the right choice, for exactly the reason you describe. I had already thought it before I read your thought process.
    Not only the outfit here but your hair really brings out the angularity in your face in a very model-ish way, along with the beauty of your neck right down to the perfection of it's union with your collar bones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...