Thursday, June 6, 2013

Maxi Dresses and Chambray Blazers

I probably wore this dress just about every week last summer, so I'm sure it will get plenty of wear this summer as well. Almost every time I've worn it as is, or paired it with a white or pink cardigan (ground-breaking, I know). Does this dress need to be styled in some other way, or does it work as is?

I would love to add one more to my closet, but I'm having a really hard time finding (inexpensive) maxi dresses lately. Does anyone else have this problem? It seems the only dresses out there are high-lo, come in a bizarre print, or are practically see-thru. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?


I generally wear a navy cami under the dress so that I can wear a regular bra, but today I decided to be adventurous and try it without the cami. Since I don't have a fancy bra that works with this dress, I just wore a strapless one without clasping it in the back (tucking the flaps in the front). Weird? Maybe. Do you have any better suggestions?

Occasion: Running Errands
Maxi dress: Forever 21 {option, strapless, slit}
Sandals: Mix No. 6 via DSW {exact}

I went to Target yesterday to look at their phone selection. The problem is, I can't go to Target and not check out the clearance racks. I found this blazer on sale for $10.80! This is a great deal, yes, but the question is will I get a lot of wear out of this? Can I wear it year-round? How would you style it?

Chambray blazers: love them, or leave them?



10 comments:

  1. Love love love the blazer! I would style it with anything that you would wear a regular button down chambray with. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh im so glad you commented so I could find you! totally following love!
    You look great in the maxi

    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that dress! I've noticed that with maxi skirts/dresses lately too! So many high low that I wouldn't be comfortable wearing haha.
    You look so great. And a great blazer find too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute dress! The back of it is great. I think maxi dresses are great all by themselves without a ton of fuss. Cute sandals and a cardigan or jacket and good to go. The chambray blazer would work just like a chambray top I would think. Its super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the back this maxi dress! I have seen a lot of simple solid color ones at Old Navy & Gap. I have a couple solid color ones that I change it up with different jewelry. This blazer looks great and like the other comments above, I think you can use it just like a chambray shirt.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the chambray blazer could be a pretty frequently worn item! It basically goes with anything that a denim jacket would, right? So I say it's a year-round item for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wondered how those backless dresses worked with bras- I think you can get one of those ones with the really low back maybe (I wore one with my wedding dress but I forgot what it was called, basically it closes around the waist)

    I do really like the print on your maxi, I haven't seen many floral ones. They're all striped these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blazer a lot!!! I want one like that! I only have one blue blazer and that one is dark blue and not as good for summer as the one you are wearing in here. I also love maxi dresses!!!
    What do you think about my last oufit???
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you'll get a lot of wear out of it. You have a lot of colored denim/pants/skirts so as long as you don't do jean on jeans, I think you'll get so much wear out of it. I'm pretty jealous of that find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the blazer. Sure it's a springy/summer piece, but I think you can carry it over into fall or winter pretty easily. I mean come on. Denim you wear on top. It's a win.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...