Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day Tripper

What do you wear when you take a day trip to a winery? I would recommend printed crops and a denim jacket. I pinned a similar outfit but decided to swap the button up shirt for a white tee. I was unsure when I purchased this denim jacket how much I would wear it, but at this point I can say I am very pleased with it. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we knew exactly how much wear we would get from something before purchasing it?


Tee: The Limited {option}
Denim Jacket: Target {exact, similar}
Crops: The Limited {option, option}
Sandals: Mix No. 6 via DSW {exact}

A few weeks ago, a few of the ladies from my department and I went to a nearby winery. The winery was located in a very small town, within walking distance of a street that had antique shops on both sides. There was even an Irish pub unlike any I had ever seen before. The main floor was very small, consisting of a lobby and bathrooms. Unexpectedly, there were three or four levels below ground! Needless to say, I wouldn't mind taking refuge in such a place if a tornado were about to strike down.

Since I'm not working this summer, I'm eager to make the most of it and take more day trips. Do you have any suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. Ugh, I purchased a denim jacket early this spring and have probably worn it less than 6 times. I *know* there are so many ways to wear it that I've not tapped into, but I still get this weird feeling that I look like I'm from the 90s when I wear it. I don't know if it's the fit or what. Because everyone else looks cute in their denim jackets. Meh!

    Regarding day trips, I guess it depends on where you live! I live in Michigan so a day trip can include a number of fun cities (Grand Rapids, Detroit, Ann Arbor, etc) or beaches on the great lakes, or zoos, or museums, or outlet malls. Summer is so great for having time off, you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to think of different ways I can wear an item before buying it but that doesn't always happen. Or I think of ways to wear it, but they don't work out in real life. This is one of the reasons I haven't purchased a denim jacket. I've seen them everywhere and everyone looks so cute in them (including you, love this outfit with the printed crops). But I just don't know if I'd wear it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a denim jacket last year and love that the newer denim has lycra in it. It makes it feel so much more comfy and is perfect so summer nights when there's a slight chill.

    I am jealous of your day trips - I will be slaving away at my desk. :)

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh...love love love those printed capris! I would love a day trip to a winery, but will have to settle for a glass of wine at night - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about my denim jacket. I especially love to wear mine with summer dresses!! So comfy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...