Monday, May 6, 2013

Repeat Success is not Guaranteed

I wore this outfit last year and decided to wear it again today. This was one of my favorite looks of spring 2012, so I assumed that it would be an effortless hit again. While it is fine, I highly doubt this will be one of my best looks of 2013. I also doubt that I'll wear this exact outfit in 2014.

Occasion: Attending lecture
Lace tank: The Limited {option, option}
Cardigan: The Limited {option}
Crops: The Limited {similar}
Flats: Heaven by Steve Madden via DSW {exact}

This reminds me of one time when I made my husband the most amazing dinner ever. I marinated steak in lime and cilantro, cooked the steak to perfection, and served it with baked onion and squash. It was so good. I tried to make the same meal again a month later, and it was... meh. 

I guess the lesson of the day is that just because something works once doesn't mean it's going to work again. Have you ever had a similar experience? 

7 comments:

  1. I really like this outfit! But I know what you mean, I've definitely had that experience with clothes and I HATE when it happens with food, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've absolutely had that happen before. I think I build things up too much and then it doesn't meet my expectations so I wind up getting disappointed. It's happened with food, outfits, movies, etc. Those jeans are absolutely perfect, though!!

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these crops and the color of your cardigan. The blue is a great color on you! It happens to me all the time when I build something up in my head and then it doesn't turn out the way it was supposed to. I can definitely relate to the steak story. We marinated our steaks, cooked them on the grill and it was the best steak I ever had. Never been able to replicate it since! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is so pretty! And super flattering. The color of that cardigan is amazing. And honestly, every time I create a new outfit that I love, I usually will just love it for that day, or the first half of that day, or for a week, tops. And then I'm like ugh, why did I wear that? Half the outfits I've featured on my blog, I've never worn again. More than half of them. It's just like, I get it out of my system and then get ultra bored with it. Meh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit looks good to me. As i reflect in the outfits that I've posted, I sometimes wonder "what was I thinking?" moments. That is also so true with food - it never comes out the same.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you look cute!! Love that blue color on you, def. your color!! :)
    -Bridgette
    http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frankly, I think this outfit is adorable, and I like it better than the other. Your rolled up jeans, flats, and that pretty sweater all go really well together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...