Thursday, April 18, 2013

Work Floral!

Today I am linking up with Tara of Mix and Match Fashion for What I Wore to Work and Bri from Work Clothes, I Suppose for Third Thursday Threads. Bri set spring florals as today's theme. I have had this image pinned for quite some time now (via My Closet to Yours), and I decided Bri's link up would be the perfect opportunity to finally wear this blazer with a floral print.



Occasion: Teaching, Attending Class
Blazer: Gap {same style, option}
Floral Tank: Old Navy {similar, similar, peplum option}
Pants: The Limited {option, similar}
Heels: Anne Klein via DSW {same style}

And yes, I did something with my hair today. I generally opt for leaving it down or putting in a ponytail. Sorry I didn't get any pictures, but the look was inspired by Kayley from Sidewalk Ready. You can see how it turned out if you watch her dirty hair tutorial. I thought I would give it a shot to try something different; she claimed it was really easy-- and it was! I may not be able to use a curling iron, but I can twist my hair and stick some bobby pins in it! Have you come across any really easy (under 5 minute) hair tutorials lately?

11 comments:

  1. Love the hair. Brings out the beauty of your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blazer with this top. So perfect for spring. We have so similar taste that we share so many same items in our closet. I have this floral top and love all the colors but tend not wear it too often because it drives me crazy how quickly it wrinkles! Really like how you styled this!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blazer! The white lining really pops. You have a new follower! Can't wait to read more! :)

    Lindsey
    High Heels and Training Wheels

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this spring look! Here it is raining today, then its good so see some sun on the blogs at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. STOP IT WITH THIS OUTFIT. This is so cute and I want every peice. The second I saw that blazer, I made a mad dash to where you might link to it and am literally heartbroken that they no longer sell the exact one. HEART. BROKEN.
    I think I like this outfit so much because I know it would be flattering on me, too, ha. Boot-cut (or flared or whatever it is, something other than skinny) is really the type of pant I should probably always wear, and when I see photos of you in them, it all makes sense to me again. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Am I making you feel awkward? I just think you're pretty. Wanna hang?....?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful outfit...I like the blezer!!!
    if you want we can follow each other...tell me what do you think!

    kisses,
    vogue4breakfast.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how happy and bright this outfit is! That blazer is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yours was one of my Favorite Floral Looks from the link-up over Bri's page this week. I love this Tank. When I posted yesterday, I mentioned a long list of Floral items I want to get, including a Tank Top & Accessories, too. I also loved yesterday's Bird Print Top.

    And let me know if you will participate in my Birthday Post, e-mail me. I would so love to have you there. Thanks. =)

    Have a Lovely Weekend, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. KATE! You look so pretty! I love the bright colors on you! Um, also, those pants?? DYING. They're a great color and they fit your body perfectly! I love it!!!

    As for my 5-minute-hair...it's called short hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog!! I'm a new follower, and I love your outfit.

    When you get a chance, stop over at my blog, I'm holding a giveaway for a Naked 2 palette!
    http://vscupcakecouture.blogspot.com/2013/03/giveaway-naked-2-palette.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...