I have had my eye on the Gap's Ponte two-button blazer for months, but was not willing to pay full price. It finally dropped down to a reasonable price (including promotion and a coupon I had). The only problem is that they were out of my size, so I went with a Tall, thinking a few extra inches wouldn't be a problem.
It seems to me that the sleeves are just too long. I am considering getting alterations. I called around, and the average price for sleeve shortening is $18. I spent $17.60 on the blazer.
My questions for you are:
- Should I spend the $18 to get the sleeves shortened?
- Is this blazer worth $36?
- Should I take my chances, send it back to be exchanged, and hope they find an extra one in stock? (I'm pretty sure this is impossible as you can see how few sizes they have left online.)
- Or should I just leave them be, and rely on pushing them up (since I rarely wear any full length sleeves at my wrists-- I generally fold/push up all full length sleeves).
Additional information and concerns:
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color ... (but I also just bought this sweater in the same color)
- My summers here are HOT (so it won't get touched for a few months of the year).
- The lining is an ugly shade of tan, so I would not consider rolling the sleeves.
- I'm not sure what colors I can pair with it. Are there enough styling options?
- Can I wear this in the winter?