Monday, April 1, 2013

Gingham Style

As we say goodbye to March, let us also bid adieu to No Longer Neglected! I think this was a great challenge, and I thank everyone who participated! I wore a lot of clothes that I haven't worn in a long time, and wore others that haven't been getting as much love as they should. I like challenges, but I also look forward to not having to work within particular parameters this month.

I was inspired by Liz of 26 & Counting to pair a gingham shirt with a skirt.  Although I have seen gingham incorporated into work appropriate looks, I have been ambivalent towards the combination. I decided to finally give it a shot today.




Occasion: Teaching, Attending Lecture
 Shirt: Old Navy {options, options, different colors - save 30% w/code THANKYOU)
Blazer: Forever 21 {sim, sim, color options}
Necklace: Kohl's {same style, option}
Belt: Kohl's {same style, option}
Skirt: The Limited {exact, sim, sim}
Tights & Wedges: Target

Have you ever incorporated gingham or plaid into a work ready outfit? What is your favorite way to style gingham?

4 comments:

  1. I like your post title :) You made gingham totally work appropriate by pairing it with the pencil skirt and blazer. The purple and blue look great together! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the post title too and I love this look which I have seen on other bloggers as well. That is a great skirt. Limited has awesome Pencil Skirts, doesn't it? I want a couple of Gingham Shirts so bad.

    I had fun doing No Longer Neglected and I still have some March Outfits to post with Neglected items. I am making it 'a theme' for the whole year to wear lots of Neglected Things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing I didn't see the Neglected Things challenge, otherwise my husband wouldn't have been too happy that I "forgot" to take my 70+ items of clothing to Goodwill! I don't have any gingham, yet...but it looks super classy with the pencil skirt and blazer! Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a think for gingham -- glad you took a chance with it today! Now you have me wanting to think up a new combo to try :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...