Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fun with Color

Since my outfit was so dark yesterday, I opted for brighter colors today. I chose black pants and black flats to keep the brighter colors concentrated in one area, and to try to balance the outfit. Does this outfit work as is? If not, what would improve it?


Occasion: Attending Lecture
Shirt: American Eagle (c/o Mom) {similar}
Cardigan: J. Crew {similar}
Necklace: via Groopdealz
Pants: LOFT {exact}
Flats: Merona via Target {exact}

After I put the necklace on, I realized that the color combination reminded me of this pin as well as  this outfit from Emily at Cupcakes and Cashmere. I didn't put my outfit together with these pins in mind, so it makes me wonder whether there is such thing as subconscious inspiration? Have you put together an outfit only to realize that you've seen it somewhere before?


10 comments:

  1. I love it! I think white or navy bottoms would also look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this combo. Grey or white bottoms would work too. Bright colors are always a winner in my opinion.

    I am sure I have dressed subconsciencely before. There is so much inspiration between blogs, Pinterest, and other sources that its too hard to remember everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subconscious inspiration is legitimate! I sometimes realize it after I have posted something and then I feel bad for not knowing to give credit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this color combination. That statement necklace is gorgeous.

    I would love for you to stop by my blog and check out my latest outfit post.
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pop of color
    That combination really works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes your outfit does work though I would have preferred Lighter-colored shoes with it. Try your Nude Pumps from a couple previous posts. A pair of Pink, Lavender or Light Blue Flats would work also.

    And yes there is such thing as subconscious inspiration. All in all there are similar pieces being sold all over the world at the same time, due to the current trends of the world and fashionistas tend to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these fun bright colors on you! =)

    Avec Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these colors! Your necklace makes me wonder if there's a "right" way to wear necklaces with collared shirts - sometimes i wear mine inside like this, and sometimes I put it around the collar on the outside. Is either one better? I love how this way you can see the bright string as it goes around, which you wouldn't see if it was tucked under the collar. And I totally agree about balancing it with simple black on bottom - otherwise it might have been a bit too intense!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely think this outfit works! I never think to mix colors like this, but you've done it tastefully. Your necklace is such a nice color!

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. your eyelashes: two thumbs up

    ok, very jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...