Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Black and Leopard

Getting dressed today was a chore, to say the least. I stood staring at my clothes, but nothing called my name. So I began trying outfits on. Everything looked sloppy, lame, or like I was trying too hard. I was ready to settle on a baggy white sweater, but when I looked into the mirror, I felt like I was on What Not to Wear. All that was missing was Clinton's snark.

Eventually an outfit came together  I found myself wearing pants, shoes, and a top. Some days, that's all you can really ask for. It's not my best outfit, but it's not a disaster. Little victories.


Occasion: Attending Class
Top: The Limited {cowlneck option}
Belt: Target {exact}
Jeans: The Limited {similar}
Flats: Christian Siriano via Payless {option}

Can we also talk about Target for a moment? I went this morning and like usual, made my way to the 70% off rack. That's when I spotted three blazers, each priced at $3.06. I kid you not. I tried them on, and couldn't decide which to buy... so I bought them all. Whoops.

I was so excited to wear one of them today. But when I got home and tried the blazers on again, they all fit horribly. I got an XS and Small in grey, Small in black - the smalls were huge. What was I thinking?! Was I blinded by the price? Probably. But how do you turn down a $3 blazer? Exactly. You don't. So who wants a blazer?

5 comments:

  1. I usually plan my outfit the night before since I can't think straight in the morning and leave a big pile of clothes to clean up after work. Some days, simplicity is best - cute outfit!

    $3 blazer - that's a total score! I bought a skirt from Target for $4 and I thought I had a steal.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this simple outfit. Sometimes simple turns out to be some of my favorites. Plus, how can you go wrong with leopard and black?

    I have learned to try everything single thing on before I buy it no matter the price. I have been burned so many times by ill fitting items.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outfit I wore yesterday is very much in the "at least I got dressed" category. I took pictures of it, but I can't decide if I should make a post. I just wasn't feeling it. $3 blazers would probably trick me, too. I usually make myself try things on, because sizes are all over the place. I was at Target the other day and didn't find anything exciting on the clearance rack. Maybe I should look in the small section!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally would have been blinded by the $3 price tag. I'm trying really hard to not let them sway me with their too-good-to-be-true prices, but I still succumb. I know I would have with the blazers. Does the XS fit poorly, too?? Maybe you can return them and get something fun for $9 instead :)

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! I bought that exact grey blazer online (for $12) and when I opened up the package, I didn't love it. It was just way too long and shapeless! I returned it and I'm pretty sure it was marked down to like $3 and some lucky gal was able to pick it up for super cheap. Sometimes when I find deals like these that are too hard to resist (I MEAN, $3 BRAND NEW BLAZERS? IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!) but then it's like, no, I don't really need it, I'm just blinded by the cheap price. I'd rather have something that cost more but I absolutely LOVE in my closet than something suuuuper cheap but I don't really like it. But super cheap stuff is always tempting and it's a hard battle to fight.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...