Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Little Leopard Goes a Long Way

For the past 30 hours or so, I've had crazy intermittent pain in my jaw. I first felt it when I bent over to get something out of my backpack yesterday. It hasn't come to lockjaw (yet, thankfully) but the experience itself is enough to put me in a funky cranky, irritable mood. I decided to be proactive about the pain and wear what would make me happy.



  Occasion: Attending Class
Striped Shirt: The Limited {similar}
Sweater: Old Navy {exact}
Belt: Target {exact}
Jeans: The Limited {similar}
Flats: Christian Siriano via Payless {option}

My new purple sweater from Old Navy makes me happy. So do stretchy pants. The combination alone felt like it was lacking. That's when I spotted my leopard belt on the couch, and knew exactly what to do. I knew that I needed to clean. Who has belts sitting on their couch?! Oh wait, that's right. I do. A cognac skinny belt was also on the couch. 

Looking at the photos now, I'm not sure if the belt looks awkward or not. I liked the idea of doing something different than a statement necklace since that's how I wore this sweater last time. Can we pretend that wasn't just the other day?  

If wearing the same sweater twice in two weeks is wrong, I don't want to be right. What kinds of clothes/outfits make you happy?

10 comments:

  1. Oh no! Bummer about your jaw pain...I've been there before and it's not fun at all. I hope it goes away soon and doesn't cause you too much trouble.

    I'm totally laughing about your belts on your couch...story of my life. I always have accessories all around our apartment: belts, necklaces, scarves, rings...you name it, it's all over the place. :)

    Right now, I'm most comfortable and happy in a dress with my denim jacket or a blazer. LOVE IT.

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really love this outfit - and how smart to wear an outfit that feels awesome when you don't feel otherwise awesome. I hope your jaw is feeling better!!

    As a reminder, I'm hosting a Spring Florals link-up on Thursday and would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to join!!!
    Bri @ Work Clothes, I Suppose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I am with you on the belts. LOL

    I love this sweater and I like how you have worn it each time. The textured knit on it is so cozy & pretty & I love the Sweet Lavender color. Good idea jazzing it up with some Leopard. Between the Leopard & Stripey Shirt, you got a little pattern-mixing in there.

    Will I be able to count on you to style an Outfit for my Birthday which is on May 4th? If so, I will be expecting said outfit on my E-Mail. Knowing your closet, all your beautiful Limited pieces (my favorite store) & your great style, I am sure you would make a Beautifully-Dressed Birthday Guest for my Blog Birthday Party. =) Thanks & let me know, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the pain in your jaw - hope you feel better soon.

    I am wearing the same striped shirt on my blog today - love how we styled it so differently. I think the leopard belt ties up your outfit nicely!

    http://www.happinessatmidlife.com/2013/04/stripes.html

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got the same sweater :) When it was on sale in the online shop I couldn't resists so I got it in purple and dark blue. But now the weather is getting so warm here so I cannot wear it. Anyhow, I LOVE it :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Animal print makes everything better, doesn't it? I love your perfect little touches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your jaw feels better soon! I had a random week with terrible jaw pain at the beginning of March, and then it mysteriously went away. What is that?!

    I think the belt looks good. And I also have random accessories strewn about my house. It's frustrating when I can't find a necklace, because I left it on the kitchen table, and then we "cleaned" by throwing everything into the junk drawer. I need to get it together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are feeling better! That sounds miserable but at least you have a great attitude about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That´s such a lovely shade of purple,I Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa, I really love that sweater!! I thought about buying it a while back, now I wish I had :)

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...