Thursday, March 21, 2013

Winterizing with a Neglected Turtleneck

Today I am linking up with Bri for her Third Thursday Threads link party! Today's theme is "winterize it". 

I'll be frank, today's outfit looks nothing like I had imagined it would. I knew I wanted to wear my turtleneck for my challenge (No Longer Neglected!), and pair it with something summer-y for Bri's link up. I feel like the black successfully toned down the bright pink, but at the end of the day, it's definitely not my best work. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

 Turtleneck: The Limited { color options!, similar}
Necklace: Forever 21 - old {similar, similar}
Jacket: The Limited {option, stud detail, similar}
Skirt: Old Navy {pleated, knit option, midi}
Boots: Mootsies Tootsies via Kohl's

Neglected item: black turtleneck
Purchased: November 2011 (first worn Feb 11, 2012)
Last worn: September 14, 2012
Reason for neglecting: I feel self conscious in it.

On another note, was it just me or was there a time where it seemed like Wilma Flintstone necklaces were going to be a big thing? Come to think of it, this is another long time neglected piece. I have only ever worn it in costume, most of which occurred summer 2008 (when I worked at a youth camp). Any ideas on how else it can be worn? There's something about the black on black that is interesting here.


Have you linked up for No Longer Neglected? There's still time to join the party. Check out some of the great treasures others have found in their closets!

7 comments:

  1. I really like the jacket with the turtleneck amd skirt. The jacket toughens up the girliness of the skirt. I would like to see you style this skirt for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la la :) Love that pink maxi skirt Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes pink is the best color for winter- I am wearing dark pink in my last post :) Sometimes it just cheers you up :)
    I didn't wear turtleneck in years and maybe I should... it looks great on you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree this is not your best work. I like the turtleneck, the necklace & the maxi skirt. I especially like the jacket. I just don't like them altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up Kate! I totally need to remember my leather jacket as a way to winterize an outfit - so warm and cozy and chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much love for your hair here. You look good in a turtleneck too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...