Friday, March 1, 2013

No Longer Neglected: White Lace Top

Yesterday I announced that I was beginning a challenge for the month of March (No Longer Neglected!). I am really excited to hear that some of you are planning on participating-- I can't wait to see those pieces that have been hiding in the back of your closet, and to see those pieces you've been waiting for the right day to show off. Today is the right day!

Tonight I cut the tags off this top, and so I can officially say that it is No Longer Neglected!

Story time! This past fall, I bought this top one size too big (because the store didn't have my size in stock). I ended up returning it because it was just too big... but I really did love it. A few months later, it came back in stock online and knew right away I wouldn't pass up the opportunity. I wasn't sure whether I loved it enough to spend $50 on it though. Luckily enough, a few days later there was a huge promotion, and I had a $15 coupon... putting the top at $7. 




Occasion: Meeting some friends
Jacket
: The Limited {option} {save}
Lace top: The Limited {exact} {similar 1, 2, 3, 4}
Necklace: GroopDealz
Jeans: Charlotte Russe
Flats: Old Navy {similarish} {similar for $9!}

I don't think this is a stellar outfit by any means, but if you all of a sudden realize it's 4:30pm and that you are supposed to be meeting people downtown at 5:00pm... it's a good outfit! What do you like to wear when you are meeting some friends (for a drink or a small bite to eat)?



11 comments:

  1. Lace really used to intimidate me for some reason. Then I found a lace top for $3 so I thought, why not? So glad I found it because I really like it. You paired yours perfectly with leather, a great contrast. Now I will be singing Leather and Lace all day :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute top! And only $7? That's amazing! I really like the idea of wearing items that have been neglected! I should try that too haha
    Best,
    Sapir
    thesapphirequeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shirt is SO cute!!! Neglected no more, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that lace top is really pretty - you def need to bring it out more often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look awesome =D You make casual seem so chic =D LOVE the lace top! Also, I wanted to tell you about a giveaway I'm hosting on my blog =) It's a gorgeous floral maxi dress from ModMint! I'd love it if you could check it out!

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/2013/03/modmintfloralmaxigiveaway_3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit! Your lace top is gorgeous. I've had something like that on my wishlist for a while now, but need to find the "right" one. I adore how you paired it with that necklace and toughened it up with the leather jacket. Awesome. I'm super excited to dig through my closet for those items that don't get as much love!!!

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kate, I might join you this month and wear a few pieces that I have neglected. I love this challenge. That top is too cute and versatile. You need to wear it more often. Also my favorite way to wear a Statement Turquoise, Teal or Aqua Statement Necklace is against White especially if it is White Lace.


    Ohhh and check this out:
    http://elegancepersonification.blogspot.com/2013/03/weeks-best-looks-march-3rd-2013.html?showComment=1362343471706#c5926271263577145483

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a pretty top! i love it with that necklace too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit! Lovely lace top! What a great challenge idea, I definitely have some items that need some love!

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely have stuff in my closet that still has the tags on it. I really need to join this challenge. Great deal on the lace top. Thanks for linking up!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...