Wednesday, March 20, 2013

No Longer Neglected Whatchmacallit

Weather is a funny thing. Last week it hit 80 degrees, and yesterday it snowed (although nothing stuck to the ground). The heat made me worried that it was time to pack up my winter clothes, and as I was sorting through them, seeing if there was anything else I'd want to wear one more time before packing up, I found my whatchmacallit. (What else would you call a cropped heavy cardigan? I guess it's similar to the bolero I already own, but the material is much thicker.)

As soon as I set eyes on it, I knew I'd have to wear it for No Longer Neglected. I used to think cropped cardigans (boleros?) were the best thing ever. I loved the idea of being able to keep your arms warm, without having to hide or cover up the rest of your outfit. One time when I wore it, one of my fellow grad students teased me for it; "Hey... where's the other half of your sweater?"

"With the other half of your brain." zing! I didn't say it, but I should have. Because I'm mature like that. (Instead, I just neglected the bolero until now.)

Occasion: hanging out downtown
Top: The Limited {sim, sim, w/trim, blue}
Bolero (?): The Limited {sim, jacket, sale, recommend
Jeans: Charlotte Russe
Flats: Target {same, sim}

Do you have any items that you have been neglecting? If you wear an outfit with a neglected item, let us see it! Join the link up party! I'm also linking up with Marion for her trend of the month link up: lace.

Memories are a funny thing: I really didn't like the way I wore this top the last time, so I've been avoiding it (although only for a couple months). The sames goes for this bolero (except that I've been neglecting it for two years, but again, because of a bad memory that pushed me to avoid it). Oddly enough, together, they look good. Would you agree? Or do you hate the two together? (I'm thinking a shorter necklace would have looked better?)

8 comments:

  1. New follower from Marionberry's Link Up. I'm following you on bloglovin. Would really appreciate it if you followed me as well. Love your outfit, especially the lace top and the bolero is pretty.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a necklace with some color would be a fun addition! But I kind of have a problem where I can't wear all neutrals, so you can take my recommendation with a grain of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a longer necklace with look good too. The bolero works with the top and the proportions are nice together. I like it!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit my dear!! Be sure to hop on over to Lynn and Lou for a wonderful Giveaway!
    Link: http://www.lynnandlou.com/2013/03/garnish-ed-kettle-corn-garnish-giveaway.html
    xx. McKenna Lou
    http://www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lace top is so pretty - I bought it awhile ago but unfortunately put on a few pounds and it looks way too tight right now. I need to lose some weight so I can squeeze into it.

    I think you did a great job pairing it!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the bolero on you, its very flattering! I like the necklace too. The only think I might have changed is wearing heels since the pants are a little long for flats. But I love the outfit on you!

    xo Rach
    Rach.E.Cakes – A Life and Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look! I can see that you like The Limited as much as I do (is that possible?!). I am glad you found a new outfit to pair with your Whatchamacallit!

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfit! You're so gorgeous!
    ~Callie
    www.creationsbycallie.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...