Monday, March 11, 2013

No Longer Neglected Link Up

Sometimes I wonder whether our true style is revealed when we have no time to plan an outfit. I spent the weekend with family, got back late last night, and went straight to bed. That meant that when I woke up at 6am, I had to put together an outfit with little time to spare. It also meant that I was on auto-pilot when I did.

Despite the difficulty, I managed to pick out an item I haven't worn in a while: my pink cardigan. My mom bought me a similar version in 2009 and then bought this one in 2011 because the first was such a fantastic cardigan. I don't know why I don't wear it more often. The only theory I have is that I sized up intentionally so I could wear it over button-ups, but that means that it doesn't fit well if it's not worn over something bulky. Either way, it's getting some love today, and I can happily say that it is No Longer Neglected!




Occasion: Teaching, Attending Lecture
Shirt: Eddie Bauer - c/o Mom {similar} {recommend this}
Cardigan: Banana Republic - c/o Mom {option, similar - many colors!}
Pants: Apt. 9 via Kohl's {very similar}
Flats: Christian Siriano via Payless {similar}

Heidi at Literate & Stylish gave me the great idea to provide an opportunity for you to show your looks for No Longer Neglected! I will be hosting a link-up party each week for the next three weeks so you can show off your favorite outfit of the week that features a neglected item!

Join the No Longer Neglected Party!
- Follow A Journey in Style on GFC and/or Bloglovin'
- Pick a post (or two!) featuring a neglected item from your closet
- Link the post. The URL should be for a specific post (not your blog)
- Link this back to your blog so your readers can get involved, too
- Visit others and see the items they are no longer neglecting




13 comments:

  1. So fun a linky party! You inspired me for sure to pull out the neglected pieces in my closet the past week or so. Pink is a great color on you! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a shirt I was instructed to wear for this challenge so I'll of course link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PInk is such a nice color on you. :) I'm definitely still trying to work on this link up! I just got rid of some clothes, but still have a few tough soldiers hanging on in my closet, just asking to be worn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a great color pink on you! i admire you being able to wake up and put together an outfit on the fly, i would be so flustered if i tried to do that!

    i am so glad you got a link up going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the color of that cardigan. And Pink always looks great with Gray. By the way I linked up and even mentioned the link-up on my blog. Did you check this week's Best Looks on my blog, too? Please make sure you link that post because I featured your Limited 'neglected' Dress which I also own. =) Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the pink cardigan adds a pop of color, perfect for the spring! Thanks for sharing! I have nominated you on my blog check it out :)

    -Rosy
    www.ajoyfulkindoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cardigan! I'm glad it's no longer neglected! It's in the perfect shade of pink:)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cardigan brings great colour :)

    http://gamesoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cardigan! Before a few weeks ago, I had no idea that Eddie Bauer made clothes (but my grandpa has an Eddie Bauer truck! haha). But I made a great thrift find of a utility jacket of that same brand recently too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful color - definitely spring inspired!!!! Beautiful pop of pretty :)
    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cardigan is such a beautiful color! you should wear it more often :)

    And I finally wore a "neglected" dress today so the post will probably go up in a few days, and I'll be able to link up next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I tagged you today on my "Five Things" post :)

      Delete
  12. When I first saw your challenge, I thought it was an excellent idea, but didn't think I would commit to the whole month. But you've totally inspired me! I'm linking up twice because I purposefully worked on integrating some older items from my closet. Again, this is seriously such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...