Tuesday, March 19, 2013

No Longer Neglected Link Up Party

Last year, I was on the hunt for a black and white striped top. I made the mistake of settling for the first one I found, rather than shopping around. I call it a mistake because I rarely wear this top, and I am on the hunt again for one similar to the H&M version everyone and their cousin has. (I really do prefer the ratio of white to black on that version more than mine.) This is another item I knew would finally get some wear thanks to No Longer Neglected! [Link Up below!]



Occasion: shopping, grading
Top: The Limited { tshirt option | like this option }
Cardigan: Loft (c/o Mom) { similar | option }
Scarf: The Limited { similar | similar }
Jeans: The Limited { this year's version }
Boots: Payless { same style }


(No Longer) Neglected item: Striped top
Date purchased: Early 2012
Last worn: June 6, 2012*
*Admittedly, it was only worn for that post. I do recall wearing it one other time (undocumented) after I first got it. I just paired it with plain jeans. Lame.
Reason for neglecting: I hate it on the hanger, so I never think to wear it. It's a weird reason, but it's true. But when I wear it, I don't hate it. What's up with that? Do you have any clothes that look awful on the hanger, but awesome on you?


What items have you been neglecting in your closet? 

Join the No Longer Neglected Party!
- Follow A Journey in Style on GFC and/or Bloglovin'
- Pick a post (or two!) featuring a neglected item from your closet
- Link the post. The URL should be for a specific post (not your blog)
- Link this back to your blog so your readers can get involved, too
- Visit others and see the items they are no longer neglecting







I am so excited to see what items you have been neglecting!  
Thank you for participating :-)

4 comments:

  1. I neglected so many things in my closet, mostly because I hate to iron! There are so many cute things hanging up but wrinkled. The photo of you and the pup is adorable :) I will be linking up tomorrow. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to clean out my closet and find neglected items to link up! I think this is a great idea, I just need to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this outfit, it's actually one of my favorites of yours. The colors looks so pretty on you!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on the hunt for the perfect striped shirt, and I did go and try on that H&M version you linked to, but it was really tight (the nature of the stretchy fabric) and I wanted something more relaxed. Everything else I found didn't have the right stripe ratio, or had a funny shape. I finally found the perfect striped shirt at the Gap outlet! It has a boat neck but not TOO wide of a neck, it's white with thin black lines, and it's not too stretchy/tight :) Not to mention only $8, and I had a 40% off coupon bringing it down to like $5. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...