Wednesday, March 13, 2013

No Longer Neglected: Chevron and Bobbles

Ever have one of those mornings where you wake up and can't fit into any of your pants? Yeah, me neither. This morning it was bloatsville, USA, population: 1. My fail-safe plan for occasions like these is opting for a skirt. Since I still wanted to keep up with my challenge, I chose a skirt I have only worn once. It wasn't until I finished putting the outfit together that I realized my necklace is also another item I've had for a while now and have only worn once.




Occasion: Attending Lecture
Shirt: Eddie Bauer {similar, recommend}
Sweater: Zara {similar, similar 2}
Necklace: Groopdealz {same style < $10}
Skirt: Target {here, LOVE this dress version}
Boots: Mootsies Tootsies via Kohl's

While this outfit may look effortlessly put together, I'll tell you one thing: it wasn't. I turned my bedroom upside-down looking for my brown tights. I still have no idea where they are. I also have no idea whether the necklace works with this outfit. What do you think? Is the outfit too busy with both the necklace and the print of the skirt? 

Also, it's not too late to link up with others for No Longer Neglected! [Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, and Style Elixir]

14 comments:

  1. Oh I call those my food baby days and I have them a lot, ha ha!

    I like the necklace paired with the skirt. The colors go really well together. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been drooling over this skirt! I may have to get it now! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the same skirt last week and am wearing in on the blog next week :) so cute!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the bauble necklace, and how the outfit is almost Patriotic (in the best sense possible)! Also, I read you wish list for 2013 and commend you on those goals. Way to go girl :)

    Meg
    Two Leaf Clover

    http://two-leaf-clover.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the necklace!

    Health food giveaway on my blog :)

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/2013/03/core-defender-meal-giveaway-and-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the necklace! wore my ebay version in a post on my blog today:
    Hello, Libby Dear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I like these colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I hate mud. Don't cha just hate mud? Man I do. On me that is. Me is the newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was hoping no one would notice :P

      Delete
  9. That skirt is adorable! How did I miss this at my local Target?! I ordered the dress from The Limited last week and pray that it fits me.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award over on the blog today! http://followtheruels.blogspot.com/2013/03/im-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no idea why you have only worn that skirt once - it's so cute! I think the necklace goes well - it's unexpected so it looks really on-purpose. I have no idea if that makes sense haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like that skirt and was so tempted to buy it when I first saw it online (Lilly's Style posted 8 different ways to wear it here: http://simplyme091909.blogspot.com/2013/01/1-skirt-8-different-ways.html) but I saw that it was unlined and plus I wasn't a big fan of the red (I just don't like wearing red). It's still super cute though and I love that you paired it with grey, white and blue. very patriotic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a great outfit! You should wear the skirt all the time! Can't believe it's from Target.

    Aubree
    lookfeelbebest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...