Monday, March 18, 2013

No Longer Neglected Boyfriend Cardigan

I started off 2013 with high hopes for saving money and making smarter clothing purchases. I was doing well, until I stopped by J. Crew when they were taking an additional 40% off sale merchandise. Sigh. They had lots of sweaters and cardigans and pants in my favorite shade of purple. I passed on the Tippi sweater because it was 3/4 sleeve (and more expensive). I tried on the Classic merino long cardigan and found myself on the fence.

The color of the cardigan and the price ($15 after additional 40% off and student discount) made me love it. At the time, I wasn't convinced that it was a smart purchase though. I figured it if I wore it a lot right away, I could justify the purchase. I failed to do that. But thank goodness for No Longer Neglected!*

* This time I'm giving you a heads up: link up party for No Longer Neglected will be up tomorrow! Find something you have been neglecting to showcase, or find something you have give love to recently that deserves to be recognized!




Occasion: errands
Shirt: American Eagle (c/o Mom) {option}
Cardigan: J. Crew {same style}
Necklace: Groopdealz
Belt: borrowed from husband
Pants: Elle via Kohl's
Flats: Dana Buchman via Kohl's {similiarish}

Purchased: January 2013
Neglected since: January 22, 2013
Reason for neglecting: Difficult to style

Do you have long cardigans? How do you style them?

10 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of longer cardigans, but I am sort of tall, so they aren't quite as long on me as they are on regular sized people. I actually just bought a lavender boyfriend cardi this weekend at Gap, so I will be trying to figure out how to style that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore somethng that I've been neglecting today - YES I GET TO PARTICIPATE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color! The purple cardigan and plaid are perfect together. I prefer longer cardigans to cover the booty in skinny jeans and pencil skirts. I usually leave them open for a casual look or belted to dress it up. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very pretty cardigan, but I know what you mean, longer ones can be difficuult to style. I basically wear mine like you have here, open over a printed shirt of some type. I dont ever like to button mine because they are just too long and look weird over the hips. Sometimes I wear them with dresses too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, i am with you! that shade of purple is so lovely, and i love the print of your plaid shirt, too. i don't own any longer, boyfriend-style cardigans so i am not sure if i would find them any more difficult to style than regular length cardigans, but i think the outfit you put together totally works!

    i'm looking forward to the next link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the purple with the plaid top - glad it's not longer neglected!

    Alice
    www.happinesstamidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Love how you styled it with the plaid shirt and statement necklace:)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like pairing longer cardigans with looser shift dresses, in complementary colors, and give the illusion of a tailored waist with a thin belt....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anytime you wear a cardigan with a Plaid Button Down, I love how you do it. Especially when you add a fun Statement Necklace. Nice New Cardigan & I love the length & color, too. I like that you added the time and reason since when & why the item was neglected.

    P.S. I am thinking of linking up, tomorrow. I have added a couple more Neglected Outfits to my page. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is one of your best outfits ever! I love the color combo and those flats!

    xo Rach
    Rach.E.Cakes – A Life and Style Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...