Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter! (ft. neglected white cardi)

Who would ever have thought that a white cardigan would go neglected? I surely didn't when I bought it. And yet, I find myself only wearing this over strapless dresses on special occasions. Do you have a white cardigan? How do you wear it? I know you can wear it just as you would any other cardigan, but I feel like there is something about a white cardigan that is so bold that it can't just be worn with anything. Am I delusional?

Or maybe we should just be giving three cheers, since this cardigan is No Longer Neglected! It's also been months since I've worn these flats, so hooray for that, too! I bought them for work, and wore them out quite a bit; they are in bad shape, but they are ideal for spring and summer wear since I can wear them with just about anything!


 Occasion: Easter Sunday Service
Dress: A.N.A. via JCPenney {similar, similar, option, option}
Cardigan: Merona via Target {this year's version}
Scarf: The Limited {want!, option}
Flats: Steve Madden via DSW {exact}

Speaking of troubles with white, I've been on the hunt for white pants for quite some time now. I found a nice pair at LOFT I like, but just can't justify spending that much on (even with the 40% Easter discount).  I went to Kohl's this weekend to make some returns, and wound up trying on a few pairs of white capris. I found one particular pair on sale (w/coupon) for $18. Now I am just stumped. Should I hold out for a pair of white pants, or accept the shorter length (which is slightly shorter than most crops, it seems)?


I hope you all have a wonderful Easter! :)

7 comments:

  1. Great use of that cardigan. Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfit! That scarf is so pretty and pulls this look together beautifully!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look and I would love to copy it. I have a white cardigan (don't know why i bought it) that has been neglected. This is a really nice way to wear it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't wear my White Cardigans enough either. I own one from The Limited with 3/4 Sleeves, I also purchased a new one in January - which I have already worn. I have that same cute scarf and I think the same belt (your belt is from The Limited, right?)

    Ohhh and check out My Special on last week's Challenge done by Fran & Whitney because I featured your Camo Pants in it. =)

    Also, I hope this other post puts a Smile on your Face. Here's hoping you had a Good Easter. =)

    http://elegancepersonification.blogspot.com/2013/03/happy-easter-cuteness-galore.html?showComment=1364818639640#c3321037855853449141

    Have a Great New Week, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally neglect my white cardigan, too! Last summer, I tried to focus on wearing it more for normal days. I don't know why it's tricky to wear!

    And, I'm also on the hunt for some white pants. I'd prefer skinny jeans, but I haven't found any yet. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE YOUR DRESS. It's purple AND a maxi dress?! That's my kind of dress!! You look great :) I'm with you on white pants - I've been looking for a pair for a while, too :)

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand what you mean about a white cardigan! I thrifted one at the end of last summer and still have not worn it. It seems so silly, because white is supposed to go with basically everything, right? I'm hoping that maybe I just didn't feel right wearing it in the winter and it will make more appearances as the weather gets warmer. I love the belted look you created here, and the edition of the floral scarf. I'll have to try it that way when I finally wear it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...