Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Giving Love to Gingham

I have set up a challenge for myself this month (No Longer Neglected!) which entails doing three different things:
1. Wearing clothes that still have their tags on (de-tagging them first) - Friday
2. Wearing clothes that I haven't in a long time - Monday
3. Wearing clothes that don't get as much love as they should - Today!

I rarely buy clothes at full price. The two exceptions are at Forever 21 and anything that I really love. I don't buy things at full price generally because I know I can get a better deal. Occasionally, however, I see something I love, and I splurge. I recently bought a skirt at Target at full price because I loved it. (Although my justification was that there were only a few left, and I knew that by the time it went on sale, it would be sold out. Plus Target sales are bogus; taking a great risk of not getting the skirt is not worth saving $1.15. [Note: Target clearance is awesome. Target sales annoy me. Saving $2 on a $50 Lego set is not a sale!])

Anyway, last year I was on the hunt for my first gingham shirt ever. I found this beauty at Old Navy and bought it right away. I loved this shirt enough to buy it at full price; I really ought to show it more love by wearing it more often.




Occasion: Class
Shirt: Old Navy {different colors}
Cardigan: Loft
Necklace: Simply Vera via Kohl's
Jeans: Charlotte Russe
Belt: borrowed from husband
Boots: Madden Girl

I really don't know why I haven't worn this shirt more since purchasing it last year. Have you been neglecting any items that you actually really love? Do you know why you don't wear it more often if you love it so much?

4 comments:

  1. I have the same shirt! I love the way you styled it with the statement necklace and jeans. It's nice to see you no longer neglecting your clothes. Older clothes need love too :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same shirt too and I think I bought it at full price for feat of it getting sold out. Great styling

    k at www.beautystyleandgrowth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cute shirt, and the overall look is cute and comfy. I know what you mean though, I have a polka dot chambray that I bought at Old Navy for full price because I wanted it so bad, but until yesterday I hadn't worn it since Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this shirt! I am still on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...