Thursday, March 28, 2013

5 Days, 5 Ways: Dresses (ft. Neglected LBD)

About six months ago, I made it my mission to find the perfect little black dress. I tried on dress after dress, but did not love any of them. I gave up for a while, until a particular one caught my eye on Old Navy's website. Although it wasn't quite the style I had in mind, I thought it was a great filler until I found my perfect LBD.

Fast forward to today, my first time wearing the dress. Finally, six months later, I can say that this dress is No Longer Neglected!


Occasion: Teaching, Attending Class
Dress & Belt: Old Navy {eyelet, maxi, sim, sim}
more black dress options - 30% off w/code THANKYOU
Blazer
: Shade Clothing {option, option, option}
Necklace: The Limited {sale option}
Tights: Target
Wedges: Target

This comes just in time for Fran and Whitney's 5 Days, 5 Ways. Today's theme is dresses. I was most looking forward to this one since I really do love dresses. They are my go to and my number one way of surviving the miserable summer heat. Since I have yet to wear one dress in five different ways, I thought I'd instead show you five different ways to style a dress. 


(1) Under a blazer, with a statement necklace {original post}
(2) Layered over a button up shirt {original post}
(3) With a top over it, belted to make it look like a skirt {original post}
(4) Under a belted cardigan {original post}
(5) Layered under a button up shirt and cardigan {original post}

I've worn other dresses with blazers before, but I most frequently pair dresses with cardigans. Blazers are giving the cardigans a run for their money, though. Which of these looks is your favorite? How do you style your dresses?

13 comments:

  1. please don't hate me for not sticking to no longer neglected these past few days. i've worn things that haven't been touched much but haven't felt they were truly neglected. i am proud of you for wearing your neglected dress, though! i am pretty positive i have items that old that i've yet to wear. i've worn dresses a couple times this week with blazers, but i also like belting cardigans over dresses. i love your pink accents! haha boy this is one jumbled comment, i think i touched on like 5 different things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the OOTD with the Stripped Blazer & Skinny Hot Pink Belt (almost identical to my belt). As far as the 5 looks, I love the Blue & Green one which looks like a two-tier dress. I would have not known that was a top over the blue dress had you not said anything. I also like the peach sheath over the button-down. And you know the Houndstooth Dress is one of my favorites of yours and the way you styled it that time, it made it into my blog. =)

    Have a Great Weekend and Happy Easter, Kate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a
    few of the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure
    why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.

    Feel free to visit my webpage :: http://chatclimax.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such cute style
    I totally want one of those striped blazers. I'm seeing them everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that first outfit! You look very chic and put together. Love it!
      Ginny
      mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. I love that striped blazer! What a fantastic piece!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this striped blazer and loved to look at the different ways of how you were combining your dresses! That's really nice :)

    Happy Eastern to you and your family! Have a wonderful weekend!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first look is my favorite. I am a sucker for stripes, so that blazer is perfection! I never think of belting my blazers, so I will have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate, that striped blazer is super fun wanted one for a ong time but havent found the perfect fitting piece yet. Super cute how you accessoired it with pink, so lovely. Hmm its really difficult to pick a favourite as each of the ensembles are pretty. I usually wear my dresses with a blazer and a belt to give it a nice hour glass silhouette :-)

    Happy Easter dear :-)

    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, I was looking for another way to wear my striped blazer.
    www.soworkweekchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely need to wear my black dress with my striped blazer! I can't believe I haven't done that yet! I really love the coral accents--belting it was such a great idea! I love it!
    W

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! I like your striped blazer/dress look! I just love a good black dress (I have like 4 of them...oops). Can't wait to see the other ways you style this dress in the future!!

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...