Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Take One, Pass It On

Yesterday I learned about a new challenge for February from Andi and Franziska called Take One, Pass It On. The challenge is to start off with an outfit (call it outfit #1) and then the next day, take one item from outfit #1 and mix it into outfit #2. The following day, take an item from outfit #2 (that wasn't in outfit #1) and mix it into outfit #3. And so on and so forth.

I am genuinely excited for the idea of the challenge, but I can't bring myself to wear the same shirt or skirt two days in a row. (I got made fun of for wearing the same outfit two days in a row in elementary school and vowed never to do it again.) So, I'm opting for Andi's modified version and taking an item from one week and remixing it into an outfit the next week.


Occasion: Attending class
Shirt
: The Limited (c/o Mom)
Sweater: Banana Republic (c/o Mom)
Skirt: Xhilaration via Target {here}
(Belt taken from another skirt)
Tights: The Limited
Boots: Mootsies Tootsies via Kohl's

I remixed my purple shirt from last week. I had planned this outfit last week, but was waiting for the temperature to get a little better (warmer) before wearing it. I actually didn't include the purple shirt in the original outfit idea until learning about this challenge. I thought purple would be a great addition!



Oh, and can we take a moment to talk about how awesome this skirt is? I thought it was pretty great, and an especially wonderfully affordable knock off of this beauty. I already have so many more ideas of how to wear it; I can't wait until next week to feature it again :)

17 comments:

  1. I agree - your skirt is fabulous! I can't wait to see the different ways that you style it. =) Great challenge idea, too!

    Avec Amber

    P.S. I'm hosting a giveaway this week! Visit my 100th post giveaway page to learn how you can win a $25 Gap Inc gift card!


    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - I am so excited you are joining in. I think this challenge is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt and the way you changed up the shirt is perfection! xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look really amazing! I like the way you wear the shirt :)

    I am having an amazing GIVEAWAY in my blog and I would like to invite you to take part in it :)

    http://gamesoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This skirt is amazing! I love that you added purple in your outfit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey...
    Youn look amazing! I love your blog.
    Please check out my blog at http://rockingtherunway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this take one and pass it on yesterday too! Such a GREAT idea! And I wanted that skirt at Target soooooo badly, but I never could find it my size. I may have to hop online and snatch it up! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a good idea--lord knows I need all the help I can get when it comes to coming up with outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that chevron skirt!!! Check out what I wore this week!

    http://hopplefamily.blogspot.com/2013/02/wiww.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost bought that skirt at Target the other day, and now I wish I had! You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that skirt -- I'm glad to see it on someone else! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that skirt is fantastic on you! and from traget . . . girl you are working it!!!

    xo. c & v
    cake & valley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love that chevron skirt. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried on that skirt in turquoise, but didn't love it on. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your outfit!

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh. I totally know about the fear of wearing a item two days in a row! I remember when I was in 4th grade, I decided to start organizing my clothes so I *wouldn't* repeat a shirt for like, 2 weeks. And then one day, I was wearing my favorite shirt, and a boy made fun of me and made some sort of comment about me wearing it the day before. I was so angry, because I knew I hadn't worn it in at least 2 weeks! but since then I have always made sure not to repeat clothing items because I didn't want anyone making that mistake.
    I just found your blog, so I have been reading back a bit, in case you were curious as to why I'm commenting on this two weeks later. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...