Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pass It On: Purple RainBoots

Some days I wonder why I'm still in school (albeit graduate school). Then classes are cancelled for a snow day and I remember. I wish I could say I spent all day getting work done... and I could say that, if you knew that "getting work done" was Kate-speak for "watching Netflix and playing Sims FreePlay". 

Even though I only went out to let the dogs do their business, I decided to play dress up. Remember how I made a declaration that I welcome honest comments? Here's another opportunity for you to tell me what you think. Is this outfit meant for the blogosphere alone, or would you (or should I) actually wear this in public?



 Occasion: Snow Day
Shirt: Eddie Bauer {similar}{recommend}
Blazer: The Limited {save} {splurge}
Necklace: Forever 21 {similar} {similar} {similar}
Bracelet: somewhere in Canada {similar}
Belt: The Limited {similarish}
Pants: Gap {similar} {similar}
Boots: Target {similarish}

I wish I had an anecdote for you. The best I have is this conversation, which occurred immediately after picture taking.

Kate (in semi-seductive voice) to husband:  "Hey... do you want to go out on a date with me?"
Husband: "Sure. When?"
Kate: "How about right now, baby?" [we never call each other 'baby' except in jest]
Husband: "... Oh... Um, yeah, you look cute. Except for those pants."
Kate: "What's wrong with the pants?"
Husband: "They're ridiculous." (walks away)

Take One, Pass It On item: Purple Rain Boots (seen yesterday).


[Linking up with The Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, Rolled Up Pretty, Diaries of a Bargainista (Alisa and Sarah), and Style Elixir]

12 comments:

  1. I really like that you post at the end another outfit you've worn them with. I've never been able to get into the camo trend, but I've been dying to find the right blazer. I really like the one you're wearing here. I'll have to check out your links and see if I can find one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, that conversation between you and your husband killed me. That's awesome. So are your rain boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post + pictures! I love your blog. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is the same way - now that he takes my photos - he thinks he is a fashion critic. I just recently bought a pair of camo pants & wore it with a striped top. Love how you dressed it up!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that boots! love it. gr8 style hun. I will be happy if u look at my blog too. kisses
    http://terezbk.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! When I owned a pair of camo pants (I wish I still had them), my husband used to call me GI Jane. I like this outfit and you should wear what you like and makes you happy. People will always judge no matter what you wear. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all versatile pieces that can also look good together! I love pairing my camos with mustard yellow heels!


    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing pants, you look so pretty with this comfy outfit

    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit! I love the camo pants and how you styled them. I would love for you to link up at my Style Link Up Session I'm hosting on my blog. :)

    KenyƩ
    www.glowkouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pants are my favorite part of the outfit! I love every part of it except the boots. I mean, I don't hate them. I just feel like I'd rather see a nude or camel colored high heel. But that might just be heel, because I wear heels 4-5 days a week. But I seriously love the rest of this outfit a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really really really liked this outfit... Until I got to the boots. They are just, hmmm... Not the best shoe choice. Though for a snow day and "getting work done" they are entirely acceptable. I think with such a dressy top half, the boots were way too casual. Lol if I were you, I'd totally just throw on my heels for the pictures. NO ONE WOULD KNOW. Because I mean, every other fashun blogger is wearing open toe stilettos in the snow, apparently they are the new winter footwear of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you look adorable. I WOULD ABSOLUTELY WEAR THIS. If I owned camo pants, I\d wear them with a white button-down and black blazer - it tones down the look, so I will keep that in mind. I love how you dressed up with the jewelry too. I agree about the boots. I like the boots but maybe not with this, they don't go at all. Try a black or brown wedge bootie instead - a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...