Monday, February 11, 2013

Pass It On: Gold Earrings

The first time I saw this dress, I fell in love with it. I'm not sure if it was the color, the style, or the way it looked on the mannequin in the store, but it was love at first sight. It could have also had something to do with the way that the line, "What self-respecting surgeon wears salmon-colored scrubs," came to mind every time I set eyes on it. (Anyone know the reference? EDIT: Franziska nailed it. And pinpointed time and place, ftw.)

Love is a funny thing, though. It's been almost a year since I last wore this dress. I wasn't a fan of the way I styled it the first time around, and it has caused me to avoid it since. I finally realized that I would forever have a bad memory attached to the dress unless I wore it again and tried to override the bad memory with a good one. 

Do you ever intentionally avoid an item from your closet because a bad memory has attached itself to it? How do you fix the problem?




 Occasion: Teaching, Attending Class
Dress: The Limited {similar} {similar}
Shirt: The Limited {also seen here}
Belt: The Limited - gift {similar}
Tights & Wedges: Target
 
Today's Take One, Pass It On item are my gold earrings, which I wore last Tuesday. I feel like I took the easy way out by picking earrings to be the connecting piece, but then I remember that it's okay to take the easy way out from time to time :)


 [Linking up with Molly!]

10 comments:

  1. The coral is such a gorgeous color and I love the layering with the button up shirt. But...that bow belt! I love it! Usually if a piece of clothing has a bad memory, I get rid of it, lol! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is interesting about having a bad memory associated with a piece of clothing. I have definately worn some things that I regret afterwards and often that is big hint that maybe I should consider getting rid of it. This dress is stunning on you though so I don't think you should get rid of it. Just have make some great new memories in it : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES. Season 2 I believe? Izzy says that. I feel they are in the NIC-U. maybe?

    god, I love that show.

    I think that dress is gorgeous. I want one just like it! It would be perfect for the summer, or with a cardigan/blazer for work. too cute with that belt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the pink dress. This would be perfect for Thursday! xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! so cute style! Love it :) I followed u and I will be happy if u follow me back thank u so much dear.
    kisses
    http://terezbk.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little belt on you dress! So cute!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress! I hope we see it again tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this series! What a fun idea!
    - Heather

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...