Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pass It On: Floral Shirt

Do you ever have one of those days where you honestly don't care about your outfit? Or the most you care about is that you leave the house in something other than sweats, and the clothes you do put on are at least semi-clean? Today was one of those days for me. 

Luckily enough, what I thought was a hot mess walking out of the door turned out to work just fine. Would you agree? If you don't agree, what don't you like about the outfit and what would you do differently?

{please ignore the loose hair-- I don't have mad photo shop skillz}



Occasion: attending lecture
Sweater: The Limited - gift
Shirt: Old Navy {here}
Necklace & Belt: The Limited
Pants: Loft {here}
Boots: Madden Girl - gift

My strategy in getting dressed today began with picking an item for Take One, Pass It On. I chose my floral shirt (seen this past Sunday). I chose the floral pants because they were recently washed, and because I like mixing florals.

I considered pairing it with a cardigan, but decided against it because that's how I styled the shirt the last time I wore it. So, I opted for a sweater instead. I chose this purple sweater because my sister-in-law got it for me last year for Christmas, and also because I haven't worn it in a long time. Are we seeing a pattern here? I've got a case of the "I haven't worn it in a long time so I'm going to wear it today". I chose the boots to keep the outfit from looking too gloomy, and added the belt to coordinate. Easy breezy lemon squeezy :o)



[Linking up with The Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, Rolled Up Pretty, Diaries of a Bargainista (Alisa and Sarah) and Style Elixir]

8 comments:

  1. I agree you look really good
    ♥http://lovely95dream.wordpress.com/♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you layer your outfits. Found you through The Pleated Poppy. Following you now.


    k at www.beautystyleandgrowth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE sweater! I love the color and the style of it! The floral shirt looks darling underneath it, too. Nicely done :)

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the floral shirt in the second outfit. And love, love those pants. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to get more use of your clothes by layering. I love the floral button down. I have trouble with my blouses gaping. I use a camisole to help out!

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm a new follower :)
    Gotta say, I love this look. The leopard in your belt gives it a perfect pop. Very nice!

    xo Ami
    a champagne dream

    ReplyDelete
  7. you do such a good job remixing your closet!!! I really need to try and do better at that. Too often I look at my closet and only see the pieces at face value, or what "isn't" in my closet. Anyways, just saying, I am impressed.

    heather from lifeofapasseri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...