Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pass It On: Floral Jeans

I wish I could say that I love this outfit, but I don't. I have been trying to come up with a new way to wear this blazer, but I have been unsuccessful (or maybe just uninspired?).  So far, I've worn it with a dress, a pink shirt, and a red tee. Come to think of it, I have also been trying to come up with a new way to wear this lace top (worn here and here). Even if I may be feeling uninspired, it doesn't mean I'm not willing to try something new... or to wear two new-ish items together.



Occasion: Attending Class
Top: Moda via MJR Sales
Blazer: Shade Clothing
Necklace: via Amazon
Jeans: Loft {here}
Flats: Jennifer Lopez via Kohl's

Also, this is the debut of this necklace. I've seen this style necklace here and there, usually with links to some online boutique that asks $50 for it. If you haven't gathered by now, I'm not the kind of girl who shells out that much for costume jewelry. With a little bit of work, I was able to find this one on Amazon for $15. I ordered the necklace, but when it arrived, I opened the package, only to discover a green bubble necklace (J. Crew style)! [Seriously?!] I contacted the seller, and within a week or so, I received the one seen above. I'm still convinced that the seller sent me the wrong color, but it's not a battle worth fighting. (I expected the necklace to be emerald green rather than this kelly green.)

Take One, Pass It On item: floral print jeans (as seen last Wednesday).



[Linking up with The Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, Rolled Up Pretty, Diaries of a Bargainista (Alisa and Sarah), Marionberry Style, and Style Elixir]

20 comments:

  1. I love this outfit and this blazer! Have you tried pairing the blazer with florals or maybe a floral scarf? Pattern mixing intimidates me, but in small doses I like it. Too bad about the necklace not being what you originally wanted, but it's still a cool necklace. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally loved this outfit the second I saw it. I don't know why it's not your favorite! Lace and stripes are a match made in heaven! And that green necklace is like the icing on the cake. I've been wanting a striped blazer for forever, but the ones I keep coming across are made out of basically sweatshirt material, and I can't stand non-structured blazers. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blazer and I like this outfit better then the other one with the boots over the pants :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blazer and the idea of the take one pass it on! how unique! new follower BTW! excited for future posts! :]

    www.darlingprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! I love the patterns together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything lace and this lace top is super cute. I like how you put all those pieces together and the necklace is just too cute. Thanks for sharing :)

    -Rosy
    www.ajoyfulkindoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey there kate!
    i really liked it with the pink shirt and then again with the red shirt. maybe because those stripes really pop against the bright solid, i dunno but it's really cute!
    glad i found you and am newly following:)
    hope you have a fabulous rest of the week.
    www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the blazer is great! I think you should try it with florals! And I think that necklace is so cool! I actually think the kelley green is better...it will be perfect for spring and summer!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  9. I clicked on this link from Rolled Up Pretty because I liked that blazer1 I've been looking for a really good blazer and I really like this one. I like that the pattern on those jeans is subtle, I've seen them at loft. Perhaps I'll have to try them on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that necklace. Looks great with this outfit! Unexpected color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your layering here. lots of great textures with the lace & the necklace; hard and soft never looked so good next to each other! also love the subtle pattern mixing with the blazer & the lace top! fun post :)

    xo. c & v
    cake & valley

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a bold statement with that fun green necklace - you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute jacket! I love the stripes:) I found your blog though the Style Elixir and I'm a new follower:) Have a great evening!


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fantastic! That striped blazer and lace shirt are perfect together! I love the necklace with it too, it's the perfect pop.
    Visiting from the Trend of the Month link-up!
    -Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love love love this look! those jeans and the lace go so lovely together xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK - there are so many things I love about this outfit! I love that blazer, I want to steal it. Also love the shoes and your NECKLACE! I've seen that one on bauble bar and some other sites but Amazon? I bet you got a great deal!

    -Elissa
    Professionally Petite

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfit! I host a style link party every Monday and would love for you to join! http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-first-ever-my-style-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like this outfit, simple yet catching the eye. The necklace looks superb and adds spark to the outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...