Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pass It On: Cobalt Cardigan

Story Time! Over winter break, I watched Mad Men on Netflix. I found a great appreciation for the clothing on the show. I recognized some similar trends between then and now (e.g., Peter Pan collar) and some trends that designers should consider producing {can't recall the right word at this moment... to put it simply, there were some shirt dresses I was lusting over while watching the show and wondering why we don't see anything like that now}. I found myself really loving the amount of floral and realizing that the amount of my closet was relatively non-existent. So, I put on my wishlist "floral print top that gives off a happy, spring vibe".

A few weeks later, I was going through Old Navy's website and found these pretty button-up shirts. I reported to you that I was leaning towards the sea-blue floral or purple ditsy floral. A week ago, I went to Old Navy to use my $10 off $25 coupon and ended up making my decision: sea-blue floral (they didn't have any purple ditsy, which made my decision quite simple).



Occasion: Church
Shirt: Old Navy {same}
Cardigan: The Limited
Necklace: The Limited
Jeans: Charlotte Russe
Flats: Dana Buchman via Kohl's

My Take One, Pass It On item for today is my cobalt cardigan, which I wore last Monday.


6 comments:

  1. Love the floral top! I think it looks great with the cobalt blue cardigan. :) Love these challenge posts!

    xo – Sheila
    Enter to win $25 Giftcard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love LOVE mad men so much. I can't wait for the next season! If you are ever bored, go read the Tom and Lorenzo fashion analysis for the Mad Men episodes. They caught so much about how the clothes go with the plots and reoccuring clothes and why and...its just really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit. Nice blog.Do u like follow each other? Let me know.Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love your blouse and it looks great with the cardigan!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, i love your style. I'm your newest follower would love if you could check out my blog and follow me back! xo

    http://freckleandstreak.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the new challenge you are doing and your floral top here.

    Check out my latest post to see one of your awesome looks, Kate. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...