Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pass It On: Camo Pants

Picking out shoes has always been one of the most time consuming parts of getting dressed for me. I decided to wear my camo pants again for Take One, Pass It On, but I couldn't figure out what shoe to wear. I searched on Google and Pinterest to get ideas and found that 99.9% of the women wearing camo pants were wearing high heels. I definitely plan to try that pairing in the spring, but what is the best pairing for winter weather?

Occasion: Attending Lecture
Shirt: The Limited {in green} {thicker stripes}
Sweater: Target - gift {$11 in so many colors!}
Necklace: The Limited
Bracelets: A.N.A via JCPenney
Pants: Gap {similar} {similar}
Boots: Candie's via Kohl's {similar} {similar}

I went to campus in booties, but brought my flats just in case I wanted to change into them there (which I ended up doing). I considered wearing (tall) boots, but something just felt off. What do you think? Should I have been part of the 99.9% and just worn a nude heel? Which shoe would you wear bearing in mind that there are hills of snow everywhere around me? 

Also, the lecture hall I have to go to requires taking many many stairs. Will the amount of stairs you encounter (or the walking you do in general) play into what shoe you end up wearing for the day?


As mentioned: my Take One, Pass It On item: camo pants, seen yesterday.


[Linking up with The Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, Rolled Up Pretty, Diaries of a Bargainista (Alisa and Sarah), and Style Elixir]

17 comments:

  1. The booties were a nice choice in place of boots. It's a nice compromise to the heels.

    I have been feeling the same about having to trek in snow and rain lately, no heels. Function has to come first unfortunately! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup comfort and warmth come first. Especially when surronded by snow.
    Looked good with your short boots.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the flats are my favorite, only because I personally don't like booties, and I think the boots compete with the pants. But...I also know what mountains of snow are like so I think in this situation you just gotta do what you gotta do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you rock it all girl! So happy to have stumbled across your blog. It's so cute! Hope you will stop by mine. Annndd I'm your newest follower hey hey hey!

    xo, Kelsey Belle

    www.happiereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pants you styled them well. You look fantastic!

    Cheers,

    www.learning2exhale.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just thrifted some camo pants, i'm so excited to style them. Thanks for the ideas :) Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wore my camo pants with flats the other day and I hoped I looked alright in them. I think it would look cute with heels but I don't like to wear heels on the weekends.

    Here's my recent post on how I wore my camp pants.
    http://www.happinessatmidlife.com/2013/02/on-safari.html

    I like how your wore it with booties - I may have to give it a try for next time.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the camo pants with the booties:)! Great look girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh I hate when things are meant to look good with heels but since I don't wear heels (pumps specifically, I love how they look but do not own any that are comfortable enough for work) I have to make do with less stylish shoewear substitutes. Like pencil skirts and ankle pants look "right" with pumps but awful with flats (doesn't mean I don't try).

    The boots and flats look fine to me, but if it were me, I'd maybe try brown oxfords? Or just save them for warmer weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the booties are fantastic with the pants!!! i pretty much wear booties with everything!!! love your look :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know exactly what you mean. I hardly ever wear heels (I own 2 pairs!) so I never really consider them for work. I walk around too much to even consider wearing them. I have three pairs of tall riding boots (black, gray and brown) and I pretty much wear them all winter. Really, that's all I wear. It definitely limits my clothing options, but I would rather have comfy feet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love those pants and your sweater with it :)

    ~Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. You pull of camo so well! I love this post. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Winter is sort of ruining my shoe options, too! I am so tired of wearing boots all the time, but it is way too cold and snowy/slushy out to wear anything else most days. I actually think the tall boots are my favorite of the options you have listed. Hopefully it will be spring soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome outfit! I love the boots:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  16. those pants are so fun!! and i love those booties with them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These booties would have looked better with the first outfit you wore the camo pants with, too. Loving that Limited necklace which I own, too.

    P.S. Let me know if you want to Guest Post for me. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...