Monday, February 18, 2013

Pass It On: Bubble Necklace

Even though I planned out an outfit last night (and had one on standby just in case I changed my mind), I still ended up in a frenzy trying to come up with something to wear today. I put this outfit on, was about to change to try something else, but saw that I was already so very late that I had to leave. I said to myself, "Kate. You're wearing clothes. You're fine." I had myself convinced there for a minute.

[An article about being late. I found it incredibly amusing... mostly just because it's so true. I'm an absent-minded professor and deadliner, for sure.]

When I got to campus, I went to the bathroom to get a tissue (err-- toilet paper) and noticed in the mirror how much of the top of my chest was exposed. I went to button the button until I realized this shirt doesn't have a top button! It's not that it fell off; it never came with one!

I'm not quite sure if this can be classified as a wardrobe malfunction. Have you ever found yourself in a similar experience? Did you try to fix the problem (e.g., with tape) or did you just leave it as is?




Occasion: Teaching, Attending Lecture
Shirt: Express (c/o Mom)
Cardigan: The Limited {here}
Necklace: Amazon {here}
Pants: Daisy Fuentes via Kohl's (c/o Mom)
Shoes: Christian Siriano via Payless

Today's Take One, Pass It On item: turquoise bubble necklace. Today is a true TOPIO, since I took the necklace from the last outfit I wore (on Thursday). Poor hubby got the stomach flu this weekend so we were bound to sweatpants and t-shirts.


[Linking up with Molly]

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting article about lateness. I am definitely the absentminded professor. I am not ALWAYS late, but I just have terrible time management skills, and I really hate waking up in the morning. It's a terrible combination, and I am sure it drives my husband crazy!

    Also, I pretty frequently get dressed, and then realize after I have arrived at my destination that my skirt is shorter than I realized, or my shirt is too low-cut. It's totally fine when I am standing still in front of the mirror, but once I sit in the car, carry my stuff into work, sit at my desk, etc - everything is shifting around and all of a sudden I am like "oh no!" and then I am embarrassed for the rest of the day. Then I throw the troubling item in the laundry, completely forget it was an issue and probably do the same thing again a few weeks later. The blog is helping, because editing pictures is a good reminder that I need to put something in the donation pile!

    Longest comment ever? Oops...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not the longest! But I'm completely with you -- I hate dealing with the embarrassment. After I have an experience like that, I avoid the troubling item at all costs (but I won't get rid of it because I'm convinced I can do something to avoid repeated the experience). It's terrible!

      Delete
  2. The top really doesn't look too "chesty" to me! And I love the deep purple with the tan. Definitely a color combination I've never thought of, but I love it. The turquoise looks so pretty with it too. You're a color-combo genius. <3

    This is not a wardrobe malfunction in my opinion. Your pants look like they might be a tad big, but I can't really tell! Other than that, this outfit is super cute and now you've got me wishing I had a dark purple top. And a tan cardigan. And a turquoise necklace, for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping no one would notice the pants issue! I have four different pairs of black dress pants, all different lengths and sizes. The ones I generally wear with flats are a tad too tight on me right now. Neither of my bigger pants are hemmed, though. Sigh. I hate pants.

      Delete
  3. I have had my share of wardrobe malfunctions. The same thing happened to me and I ended up using a binder clip to button my shirt ha ha! I am the opposite of running late I freak out but then I end up somewhere always too early. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweater over the button down!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sweater! And the color of your shirt looks so pretty with the mint necklace.

    Emily
    A Devine Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've definitely had that problemw before. That's why I always wear a cami under my shirts, just so I'm not showing my goods off to everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...