Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pass It On: Polka Dot Pants

Do you ever have one of those days when you have no idea what to wear, so you throw a few things together, hope they match, and then just call it a day? That was today for me.

Occasion: Attending lecture
 Tee: The Limited
Cardigan: Loft (c/o Mom)
Jeans: Old Navy
Flats: Dana Buchman via Kohl's

I felt so comfortable today wearing this outfit, until it came to picture-taking time. Take my word for it, this tee and cardigan do not photograph well together. I would have been content wearing the pants with the white tee alone, but I couldn't figure out what shoes to wear with. I must have tried on nearly every pair I own! I finally settled on the cap toe flats but felt that I needed an extra pop of color (i.e., the cardigan). The tee actually has pleat/flap detail at the top; I wanted to let that serve as its own statement and not be hidden behind a necklace. Did I make the right choice?

For Day 2 of Take One, Pass It On {see day 1 here}, I chose my polka dot pants (seen last last Tuesday.) --- AHH! Okay, I apologize. I really thought that I had worn these pants last week. I didn't realize until just NOW that I wore them the week before last. Forgive me?!

I see now that today's outfit is entirely unoriginal (top + cardigan + pants)... but oh well. Not every outfit is going to be one for the books. But this is one for my blog :)

7 comments:

  1. You look great!! Those pants are AH-mazing!! :)
    -Bridgette
    Check out my giveaway on my blog, I think you will like it!!
    http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look super cute, Kate! That outfit looks perfectly planned to me! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Dhruvi
    http://stilettosandsequins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 2 outfits with the same pants! It shows how truly versatile a basic pair of denim and a cardi can be. xx. McKenna Lou

    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cardigan looks great with the pants. Super cute look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I am seriously heading to the wold navy website right now because those polka dotted pants are SO cute! Also, I read up on your last post about this challenge and I love this idea, it definitely helps show you the remixing potential of so many pieces you already have!
    Have a great day!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so sweet. I like both variant. Pants with print always right chose!
    we are new followers of your blog and we invite you t our: follow us, read and leave comments.
    FASHION FRIENDS DIARY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...