Thursday, February 28, 2013

March Challenge: No Longer Neglected

Tomorrow is March 1st, which means today is the final day of February. It is also the final day of Take One, Pass It On. And guess what? I completely forgot to Take One and Pass It On (unless I can count the hair tie on my right wrist as the TOPIO item... can I?). It was a challenge, and truth be told, I'm glad it's over.

My March Challenge (a.k.a. March Madness): No Longer Neglected!
For the month of March, I am making it my mission to wear at least one thing every day that is long overdue for a wear. You know my bird scarf? The one I spent too much on ($15) because I "loved it soooo much"? Oh you don't know what I'm talking about? Yeah, of course you don't. That's because I never wear it. The bird scarf is one thing you will be seeing in March... among many other items you never even knew were in my closet. 

Now I should be clear that there are two types of neglected items we find in our closets: the one I mentioned above that get no wear, and then the kind that we put off wearing because we're waiting for that special day or occasion. Today I showcase two of the latter type.

My in-laws got me this top, belt, and skirt for Christmas. It's taken me two months to wear the top and skirt. It should not take someone two months to wear something that she actually really likes! Are you like me? Do you have some items in your closet that you really do love, but you fail to wear because you want to save it? No Longer Neglected!




Occasion: Teaching, Class, Talk
Top, Belt: The Limited - gifts
Skirt: The Limited - gift {exact}
Necklace: The Limited
Blazer: Forever 21
Tights & Wedges: Target

Join me in the month of March for No Longer Neglected! Challenge yourself to wear (at least) one item everyday that has not seen the light of day in far too long (or that doesn't get to see the light of day as often as it should). Let's see some of the things you love the most, as well as those that maybe you don't!

(If you have a more clear and succinct way of articulating the sentiment behind this challenge, please let me know so I can put it in here!)

16 comments:

  1. this is a great idea! I'm afraid most of my neglected items aren't being saved for a special occasion. I just forget about them, or really need to get rid of them. I'm hoping to do a big closet clean-out in March sometime, so I can actually see the items I should be wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! I'm going to take you up on this challenge. I need to dig deep in my closets. :)
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This couldn't have come at a better time! Kayla and I have an "Oldies but Goodies" remix ready for Monday with our neglected or older clothes that haven't been worn in a long time.

    This skirt is awesome (I may be partial since I have the same one) and the top is beautiful! The back is so pretty. You look very professional and pulled together. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfit dear! Very chic and classy!

    Have a great weekend!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just cleaning out my closet the other day and there were a few pieces I've not worn in ages, but just can't seem to bring myself to wear. I may be participating in this challenge a few times this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea for this challenge...I have a bunch of things in my closet that I hardly wear! The back of that top is so cute with the stud details!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohoo I am loving that skirt. I knew it was from The Limited as soon as I saw the pics on this post. I know my Limited merchandise well. They do have fab pencil skirts. Even more I am loving that top. It is so pretty & dainty, what a cute back it has.

    I think your March Challenge will be great. And I am sure you will get good reviews and constructive feedback from all your readers, too.


    P.S. Let me know if you want to Guest Post this month. I would love to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute skirt, the color is gorgeous and it fits you perfectly!

    and that's a great challenge. I'm sure I have tons of stuff in my closet that isn't getting wear anymore just because I don't really like it THAT much anymore, yet I still like it enough to not want to donate it. Can't wait to see what you'll be wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great look! I love the skirt. :) And what a great idea for a challenge! Looking forward to reading your posts. :)

    xo – Sheila
    Win a $30 Target giftcard!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this challenge! I'm going to try to participate myself! I always like a good "utilize your closet" challenge, and I haven't done any on my blog yet!! Great idea, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a great challenge! i have plenty of neglected items in my closet that i could probably easily participate right along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea! I'll definitely do what I can to wear some of these things this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea!! I've been trying to do this a little more since I did that thing where you turn all your hangers backwards (and then turn them right again after you've worn the item) and it really lets you see what you aren't wearing. It actually makes me feel really good to take something I haven't worn in a long time and just make myself find a way to wear it. I lvoe seeing those hangers turn back around!
    And I'm following you now =)
    Inge
    thisevolvinglife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice!
    would you like to follow each other?
    if u like my posts))
    flw me and tell about this!
    I hope to hear from you soon!
    http://mooreann.blogspot.com/
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. found your blog through Whitney's...i love your idea in this post!

    hello, libby dear

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great idea! I will have to join you the second part of the month :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...