Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wet Hair and Pearls

Today my blow dryer blew a fuse about twenty seconds after I turned it on. Normally something like that wouldn't bother me (too much), except today was the first day of teaching this semester, and it was just above single digits outside. Call it a recipe for disaster.


Occasion: Teaching and attending class
Shirt: Tommy Hilfiger via ?? - c/o Mom
Cardigan: Banana Republic - c/o Mom
Necklace: Capri, Italy - c/o Mom
Pants: Apt. 9 via Kohl's - c/o Mom
Shoes: Christian Siriano via Payless

I love teaching and being in front of students, but I hate the first day of class. There is just so much pressure. {Granted most of it is due to a case of perfectionism.} Even if the first day is just going over the syllabus and expectations, it's unnerving. Let's not even get into the wardrobe aspect of it all. {Okay, let's.} I am embarrassed to confess, but I get really worked up over what to wear for the first day of teaching. And this happens every semester. I must have tried on ten different outfits last night, and hung up another ten options after that. I thought I had it all figured out, until I woke up this morning, looked at the options, and said to myself, "Dark purple and polka dots?? Puffy fancy collar and loose cardigan?? What were you thinking??"  With the clock ticking away, I decided to grab a button up shirt, cardigan, and pearls... because nothing says "I've got confidence" like pearls. Or is it having your entire outfit gifted to you by your mother that says it?

[Linking up with Tara at Mix and Match Fashion for What I Wore to Work link-up]

8 comments:

  1. You look very polished and pulled together for your first day of class. Also, I love your shoes! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your blog and I'm so glad I found it! I invite you to check mine out! I hope you have a great weekend! =)

    -Heidi Harlequin
    www.20stampslater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the result is very nice. I understand the pressure, it's like a "First day at a new job", only it happens every semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cardigan! Thank you so much for linking up with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look was a great choice! It's nice to know others out there stress as much as me for what to wear:)
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of hate planning out outfits the evening before, because I always always end up hating my choices in the morning and I'm left with no time (because I took the time I would've left to pick out my clothes in the morning and snooze-buttoned it, hehe). You look great - wet hair or not!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cardigan ! I like your style !
    I'm following you now.

    Kisses


    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this type of Outfit Collection...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...