Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Silky Soft

I've been on the hunt for a lavender shirt for quite some time now. I love purple, but somehow the items in my closet that are purple are all dark shades of purple. I found a shirt on Old Navy's website that fit the bill perfectly, but I wasn't willing to shell out $30 for it. I've also been on the hunt for a silk shirt, or something comparable to silk, but haven't been willing to shell out $100 for it.

After the movie yesterday, my husband wanted to go to Dick's Sporting Goods and told me I could go to Old Navy (next door) if I didn't want to join him. Umm... okay! I marched straight back to the clearance section, and found "the shirt." It wasn't quite the shade of purple I had hoped for, but for $7, I couldn't complain. I don't actually own anything in this color, either, AND the hubs was actually fine with me getting it!


Occasion: Pedicure w/mother-in-law :)
Top: Old Navy {shop here}
Jeans: Loft (in black floral print) {shop here}
Booties: Candie's via Kohl's
I was slightly on the fence about this shirt since it's a size bigger that I would normally get. Originally I thought it wasn't that bad, but after looking at these pictures, I worry that it looks sloppy. What do you think? Is it unflattering? Or am I just being too critical? {Please tell me what you really think!}

[Linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Rolled Up Pretty]

ALSO-- thank you to those of you who were delighted by my post yesterday-- I honestly had no idea that anyone even missed me, let alone noticed that I hadn't been posting. Your comments made my day :)

7 comments:

  1. The color looks great on you! And, the style definitely doesn't look unflattering or sloppy. I feel the same way in baggier blouses so I try to pair them with skinny pants (just like you did) and a pair of heels (I always feel more put together a couple inches taller)!

    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this looks sloppy at all! In fact I made sure to click to see if I can't get one for myself! Plus that color is so pretty on you. So...keep it and wear it all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this looks sloppy at all. I feel the same way about these types of shirts, but I got a really pretty green one at JCPenney very similar that I am excited to style. You styled this just right by pairing it with skinny jeans. Also it would look nice with a pencil skirt tucked in and heels for a work look. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty pink blouse, it is a beautiful color on you :)

    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sloppy AT ALL. I love this shirt and I don't own anything in this shade of Pink either. Girl aren't you cold like this, OUTSIDE?

    Btw I love shirts/tops like these and own a few (mostly from Express). As a matter of fact look out for my post tomorrow because I am posting one with a shirt like yours (diff color).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated your blog for a Liebster Award! Go to my blog to accept :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...