Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Cardigan

Happy New Year!!

I apologize for being absent these past few weeks, but I have been in need of some time away from blogging. I've been relaxing, watching plenty of TV, playing The Sims, and hanging out with family.

The day after Christmas, my Mom and I went to the Outlet Mall and bought a few new things (at amazing prices!). One item I was especially pleased to find was this longer cardigan! {This is my first J. Crew (Factory) purchase -- it was on sale, with an additional 40% off, and a 15% student discount! Gotta love it! This cardigan is simple, but I can see myself getting plenty of wear from it.}

Occasion: Dinner and a movie
Shirt: The Limited
Cardigan: J. Crew Factory - gift
Necklace & Jeans: The Limited
Boots: Payless
I wore this outfit today when my husband, mother-in-law, and I went to see Life of Pi. I enjoyed the movie, but wished I would have been warned about the potential motion sickness. Has anyone seen the movie and felt nauseous during it? 

PS: It turns out that my camera was under warranty and so Canon fixed it free of charge! Well- they sent me a refurbished one. Hooray!

[Linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Rolled Up Pretty]

14 comments:

  1. Very happy new year, darling!
    Great new cardigan, love that colour!
    I just found your blog and it's great! Follow u right now, hope u can follow me back :)
    xoxo
    http://2minutosblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you girl. I love your new cardigan. I need a Cobalt Cardigan in my collection. It looks great with that stripped shirt. Great necklace too.

    Hope your holidays were good & relaxing. Happy 2013!! <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back! THis is a great color and I love longer cardigans. The striped shirt is perfect. Glad you were able get your camera fixed at no charge! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a relaxing break! That cardigan is a great color...love the jcrew outlet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cardi! And I love your shirt too. love this effortlessly stylist outfit. xx. McKenna Lou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love this!!! That shirt is amazing :) I haven't seen the movie yet, but good to note that it might make me feel sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kate! I hear you on the bangs, trust me mine don't always look presentable! I wear them either parted or as you see on my blog post today normally. If I am wearing my bangs not parted, I straighten them and use a very slight bend at the end to keep my ends from lookin yucky. If they are still unrulely, I will actually

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, not sure why that first comment posted, haha! If my bangs are still giving me trouble I actually backcomb them a tiny bit at the root and then hairspray. Hope that helps! Love your new cobalt blue cardigan, my new favorite color!

    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outlets! My girlfriends and I are planning a trip soon to take advantage of New Year sales!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cardigan! Love the color.

    Pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the outfit simple but stylish !
    Loved the stripes in shirt !
    http://chicreaction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I love black, white, and blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving this cardigan and striped shirt combo!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bright blue cardi! Such a pretty color! And I just got those grey boots from Payless today! Can't wait to wear them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...