Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Go-To Shopping Outfit

Do you have a go-to outfit for shopping? It seems like I do -- either a button-up shirt and jeans, or a top with a long cardigan and skinny jeans. It's comfortable, it's cute, and it's easy to thrown on and off for a quick change.

Occasion: Shopping!
Top
: The Limited {also seen here}
Cardigan: J. Crew Factory - gift
Necklaces: The Limited
Belt: Forever 21
Jeans: The Limited
Flats: Dana Buchman via Kohl's
This is what I ended up wearing. I chose the skinny jeans, with my new cardigan to match. I chose the top because I haven't worn it in a long time. I thought the yellow flats added a nice pop of color. I couldn't decide on whether to wear the short necklace or the long one, so I chose both! 

I also scored an amazing deal today:


{Coat: The Limited {here}}

Guess how much I paid?


$10. Seriously. $3 of which I had on gift card. Oh, and that $10 also bought a pair of tights. Admittedly, I had coupons, but still. A deal is a deal. And I love amazing deals.

EDIT: HOW I SCORED SUCH A GREAT DEAL:
Coat on sale in store for $39.99. [Items tend to be cheaper in store than online.]
Virtual dollars ($25 off $50 purchase) meant I needed to find something for $10.01.
Tights were on sale for $10, bringing total to $49.99.
Sales associate said I could use my virtual dollar (even though I was technically one penny short of qualifying), bringing total to $24.99.
Used $15 reward coupon (for being a cardholder), bringing total of coat and tights to $9.99.

HOW YOU CAN SCORE A SIMILARLY GREAT DEAL:
- "Like" The Limited on Facebook now, and get a free Virtual Dollar (this automatically takes off $25 for any $50 you spend-- including clearance. It's like taking 50% off!).
- Be a cardholder!

[This is entirely my own advice; I have never been contacted by The Limited.]


[Linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Rolled Up Pretty]

9 comments:

  1. No way! $10 for that coat?! I am amazed by your shopping skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I love your red coat! And the combination between blue, red and yellow is amazing :)

    www.gamesoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally love the red coat!! I have a Chicnova Jewelry giveaway for 3 lucky winners on my blog..wld love it if you drop by!
    www.fashionistaera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Limited. They always have the best deals, sales & coupons. That coat is amazing. I have two red coats & love them. The entire outfit is cute. I want a long Cobalt Cardi. Your 'shopping uniform' is very similar to my own. ;-)

    By the way I gave you the Liebster Award on my blog. Here it is:

    http://elegancepersonification.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award-guest-posting.html

    I hope you answer the questions. Would love to know what you think. Also, let me know if you are interested to Guest Post for me, while I take time for birth & baby. I would love to have you in my blog. Include a small introduction of yourself in the post. And when I will run my Guest Post you can let your readers (on your blog) now and link them to my post. It is a good thing I think. =)

    Let me know and you are welcome to E-Mail me a post at: ada.furxhi<@>gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. I love wearing dresses out shopping because it is so easy to whip off and try on clothes. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, Kate! I love the flats! Oh man, I love a good deal too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great find and awesome deal. I'm jealous! ;) Great outfit as well. Love the mixing of colors.

    http://embracingchristianmodesty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats an incredible deal on that coat! Cute outfit too!

    xo Rach
    Rach.E.Cakes

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I'm going shopping, I always try to wear easy on/easy off clothes - so no boots or fussy layers. always pants, always a black tank top (because I wear one almost every single day).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...