Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mixing Florals

Last night, my husband and I decided that we would go on a date today. After I had seen a picture in a magazine recently of a neutral sparkly top with a neutral cardigan, I decided to replicate the look. I wanted to wear something nicer than blue jeans, so I opted for black. It wasn't until I had put the outfit on that I actually noticed that I was mixing prints (floral with floral).


detail of jeans
Occasion: Lunch Date
Top: The Limited {also seen here}
Cardigan: The Limited
Jeans: Loft
Booties: Candie's via Kohl's
I think I like the look of the neutral cardigan with the top, but I'm not sure if I'm fond of this outfit altogether. I'd love for you to make the decision for me: love it or leave it? What do you think? Would you wear this?

I'm also curious-- would you wear a floral top with floral print jeans? Or does it work because the print is so subtle? I see a lot of striped tops with striped bottoms (see the cover of this month's J. Crew style guide)-- surely floral tops can work with floral bottoms?

6 comments:

  1. I like these two floral prints together because they are solid neutral colors and the texture adds interest to the outfit.

    - Kaitlyn

    Boardwalks & Boulevards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say it works! Since the floral of the jeans is so subtle, and the colors are all pretty neutral, it still looks classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the floral print on your pants. Very subtle with your top! :)

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! The patterns and colors are subtle enough that it's interesting but not distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the full length photo it looks great. Can't see the print on the jeans all that well, but it looks very similar to the floral in the top, only in a different scale, and I think that can work really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute booties! I have a pair just like them :)

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...