Monday, January 28, 2013

Just Wear It

Recently I have planned an outfit before going to bed, only to wake up and choose to wear something else {1, 2, 3}. Well, last night I planned another outfit, and this morning -- brace yourself --  I actually wore it! {Truth be told I planned this outfit months ago, but have been putting off wearing it for one reason or another. Are you guilty of outfit procrastination?}


Occasion: Teaching, Attending Lecture
Dress
: The Limited
Blazer: Forever 21
Necklace: Groopdealz {here for $7.95}
Tights: Target
Wedges: Xhiliration via Target

I almost didn't wear this outfit after seeing this morning that the forecast called for high 60s. However, it was 6:30am, and I had no energy to change my outfit. Perhaps this is telling; I have been changing my outfit choices in the mornings because I have had time and energy to do so. Although I am not a morning person by any means, and I enjoy how flexible my schedule is (some days I don't have to be on campus until 2:30pm), I did enjoy that there was absolutely no second-guessing involved today.

This outfit was inspired by Bri from Work Clothes, I Suppose. {See her version here.}

[Linking up with Molly, The Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, Rolled Up Pretty]

25 comments:

  1. Super duper cute! Why did you wait so long? I love the houndstooth, black and white and that awesome blue necklace! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love the houndstooth! So cute and I love how you paired it with the blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! We have such similar closets! Going to have to come here for even more inspiration now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I change my mind over outfits pretty much every morning! I'm glad you decided to wear this outfit though, you look SO good!
    Hope you have a great week,
    Sapir
    thesapphirequeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the bubble necklace! xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the shock of blue in the outfit, over that printed shift dress! Cute.

    -Brittany of @suburbchicblog
    http://suburbchicblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress, gorgeous look
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you didn't change your outfit...it's super cute!!! Loving the hounds tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha outfit procrastination- i love that. and i'm totally guilty of that! sometimes i have an outfit in mind for about a month, but i have to be in the mood to wear it. and i LOVE this one. that pop of blue looks amazing with the houndstooth dress :)

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really adorable! I especially love the bubble necklace. I just purchased one, myself, so here's hoping they aren't "out" before summer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A houndstooth dress? Bingo, you nailed i girl!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this dress! its so classy and cute! You are looking great!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look FAB. one of your best outfits ever, for sure. And I think the best of January 2013. =) That dress is gorgeius, like a sheath, right? The beautiful Blue Bubble Necklace pops with it, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love houndstooth. Glad you didn't change your outfit. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I outfit procrastinate all the time! you look fab in that houndstooth print

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the houndstooth print! I am glad you kept this outfit on. Super cute! :)

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha I totally do the same thing, Kate! Always changing outfits last minute in the morning. I love this dress on you and the contrast of your blue necklace. Very pretty! =)

    Avec Amber

    ReplyDelete
  18. I should get back to laying out my clothes the night before...yours is great! I love the blazer!!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. love it! I'm your newest follower! I'd love for you to visit when you have time.

    Love, Traci Michele @ Ordinary Inspirations

    http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. love that dress with a pop of blue from your necklace :)

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is a great outfit. Wear it again and wear it often.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this look! So chic and classic but really unique and fun too! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving that dress on you - so cute! And the blue necklace adds the perfect pop of color :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...