Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Camo: Stay or Go?

Over the holiday break, I picked up a pair of camo pants from Gap (at a magnificent sale!). I have yet to decide whether they are keepers or not. There are so many opinions about whether camo is appropriate to wear as a fashion statement, as well as whether it's just ridiculous to wear camo anything (think "wolf howling at the moon"-print sweaters... ridiculous, right?).

I figured if I could come up with a few outfits, I'd be able to convince myself one way or another whether camo pants have a place in my closet or not. 

Occasion: Playing Dress-Up
Top: The Limited - gift
Cardigan: J. Crew {on sale here}
Necklace: The Limited
Pants: Gap {still available in some stores}
Booties: Candie's (via Kohl's)
Top, Necklace, Belt: The Limited
Pants: Gap
Flats: Old Navy
After I took the first photo (w/cardigan, w/booties), my husband asked, "What are you wearing?!?!" After I took the second photo (w/out cardigan, w/flats), he said, "That's much better!"

What do you think? Do you like either look? Do you have any ideas on how to style these pants?

 And should these pants stay or go?

13 comments:

  1. stay! i use my camo pants all the time as a neutral. i love them with a simple striped shirt, or sweater. heck i may even throw them on with florals if i find the right print :)

    -natalie-
    www.thesecondbestblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look cute on you but I don't think I'd be able to pull them off. I definitely like it better without the purple cardigan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bottom look! Not sure I could pull it off, but I love it on you!

    Dropping in from the link-up!

    Sheena @ It's All in the Details
    http://sheenaashlock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your husband- the second look is cute. If you got them at rock-bottom price why not keep them? If don't mind standing out, you could add a pop of color like red or orange in the shoes or the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The camo pants look amazing with the feminine pieces! I'm your newest follower :) I'd love for you to follow my blog too. xo

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, the second look is super cute. I thought about buying those pants a few times, but the price was never quite right. I say you should keep them, but I also have a camo jacket that I feel uncertain about, so take what I say with a grain of salt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the second look as well. I'm not a bootie person at all, and have never seen them on someone where I felt that I wanted a pair to. The second look is an adorable mix of masculine (camo) with feminine (the purples and silk shirt). That second picture actually makes me want a pair of camo pants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just discovered your blog through the pleated poppy and would love to follow each other! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the second look works very well. Stay! :)

    http://embracingchristianmodesty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had camo shorts for several summers and got tons of compliments when I would wear them with and orange tank.. But I am way down South and camo is a popular color here...
    I love yours too though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I say KEEP THEM. Yours are a pretty subtle print and Gap skinnies fit amazing. They actually look good on and I would have never thought pairing them with purple or lavender but they go well. I actually prefer the first outfit with the long cardigan & booties. But I am a girl. Guys generally like simpler stuff. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these pants and would keep them.
    The 2nd look is my favourite!
    I would try them with black heels and a black top.

    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know I love my camos! :) The great thing is you can go neutral everywhere, or give them some pop of color.

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...