Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Out with the New, In with the Old

I have a confession to make. I made a handful of online purchases last month, and the items are sitting on a shelf in my closet. They still have their tags on, just waiting to be worn, but for some reason, I can't bring myself to wear them. I think it's a sign that I was more excited about the find than the clothes themselves. So, after I'm done writing term papers, I'm sending them all back. {Out with the new.}

In the mean time, I'm going to try to learn to work with what I have. It's really a shame that I've had this shirt for nearly a year and have only worn it maybe three times. There are some other items that I haven't worn this semester yet, so I'm going to try to wear those things before the new year. {In the with old.}



Occasion: Writing term paper #2
Shirt: Old Navy {$7 woot woot!}
Cardigan: Loft - gift from Mom
Necklace: The Limited
Jeans: Charlotte Russe
Shoes: Candie's via Kohl's
{here - paid much less}
I am sporting something new today (shoes are a completely different story than clothes, right?)... wedge sneakers! Sorry I was in a rush and didn't take better photos, but I'm a big fan of them. I honestly can't picture myself wearing them with anything fancy, but when I opt for a casual look like this, they are ideal.

11 comments:

  1. I need to do focus on what I already have too- it's going to be a goal of mine for 2013. Looking forward to seeing more of those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your puppy is adorable! I feel the same way about new purchases. I have accumulated so much stuff that has only been worn a few times, I feel like I should wear that. It's so easy to get sucked into a great deal though! I love the green cardi and gingham shirt together. Hopefully we can see a detailed shot of your new wedge sneakers soon :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute puppy! I recently ordered a pair of wedge gym shoes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for working with what you have! Me too! I'm glad I'll be able to follow along with someone else as they do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an important thing to remember. I did a 3-month shopping ban at the beginning of the year, and I think I will do it again in 2013. It's really not that bad, and helps me remix all the clothes that just hang in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wedge sneakers!

    - K.

    www.boardwalksandboulevards.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the turquoise cardigan looks so great on you with your dark hair!
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lookin' fab! :D Wish you had more close-up photos of the sneaker wedges, but I'll bet they're great!

    Abi
    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com
    twitter: @BelatedBloomer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cute cute and your puppy is so cute too!!
    xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! i love these pics and your pup is so cute! i am following u now on gfc! hope u will follow back :)

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the cardigan and your dog is so cute! if you have a chance, please visit my blog. i think you'll like my outfits!

    www.dailydisguise.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...